Nav Install Help!!!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Nav Install Help!!! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have my car apart and I just got the the part to install the speed sensor wire. PROBLEM... where ...
    MoonstoneMike is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Nav Install Help!!!

I have my car apart and I just got the the part to install the speed sensor wire. PROBLEM... where the instructions show to insert that pin in the radio connector, there is already a gray wire in there!!! NOW WHAT???

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Mbai2 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '08 CTS DI 6 Speed Manual Black/Black w/ FE3 Fully Loaded

Re: Nav Install Help!!!

Do you have the bose system? If your CTS came with the bose system, the speed sensor wire will already be attached to the harness.

NOPE.... I have the base model!

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

I am sure you are either looking at the wrong connector (Both 8 pin connectors look the same) or you are not looking at the connector from the right angle.

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...nvert/fig8.jpg

Notice the piece of plastic that extends past pin 2 which will show you which connector you need to add the wire to.

If you look at the color picture in the instructions

Where that yellow wire is, I have a gray on in there. All the other colors match up to the same as in this picture. The only other open spot is next to that black wire at the bottom under the green! I can take a picture tomorrow. I put it back together so I can get it unlocked in the morning. Then I can figure out what to do. I ran the wire anyway and attached it to the speed sensor. I just put a piece of tape on it for now.

Once you get the NAV powered on if you go to the nav screen and see the car moving then maybe the wire is already connected. If all you see is the arrow going in circles than the wire is not connected. Stange, Mine had the empty space.

The wire was there from the factory! Could have saved myself from pulling the cluster out!!

Hey Mike,

That worked out well for you. Did you happen to take pictures of the connectors on the back of the radio to see if maybe they also included the additional nav wires in the connectors?

On the 20 Pin connector pin 4 Navigation Audio Signal + (Yellow), Pin 16 Navigation Audio Signal - (White), I wonder if since they already ran the speed sensor wire if they used the full harness which included the rest of the needed nav wires.

I am also thowing an idea around to install a small 4 watt amp (2-3 inches)with a speaker in the center speaker spot for navigation instead of using the bose amp to get the verbal directions.

I didn't take pictures because I was trying to beat the rain. BUT... I'm going to have to pull out the ashtray to replace it, so it's only 4 bolts to look back there and see!

My ashtray poped out as well one of the times I took it apart. It was a bitch trying to figure out how to get it back together and get that spring back in there but I got it back together and it works fine.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~

My thoughts...

Maybe LATER in the year 2005 models now share the same harness to save on cost, or maybe Cadillac Dealerships have been getting alot of request by owners to add NAV since 2003, and just recently GM decided to include the same harness. The VIN will tell the date your car was made. Could be close enough that it is useing the 2006 harness. Also... Is your car a manual transmission or auto, maybe that has something to do with it? A color picture of the harness would be nice to see. WOW, you have a attatched grey wire.....interesting.

MMMM..... Maybe just an assembly line error.

The latest 2005 service manuals radio schematic should have a mention of it....

Quote Originally Posted by austin
    My thoughts...

Maybe LATER in the year 2005 models now share the same harness to save on cost, or maybe Cadillac Dealerships have been getting alot of request by owners to add NAV since 2003, and just recently GM decided to include the same harness. The VIN will tell the date your car was made. Could be close enough that it is useing the 2006 harness. Also... Is your car a manual transmission or auto, maybe that has something to do with it? A color picture of the harness would be nice to see. WOW, you have a attatched grey wire.....interesting.

MMMM..... Maybe just an assembly line error.

The latest 2005 service manuals radio schematic should have a mention of it....
    My 05 was purchased a month earlier than Mikes so I doubt that was any reasoning for why Mikes had the wire and mine did not.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.