How do u "fix" scuffs on sides of tires?
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, How do u "fix" scuffs on sides of tires? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I rubbed my tire on a curb exiting my townhomes garage this morning. Stupid neighbors aircraft carrier sized doolie truck ...
  1. #1
    Achtung is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    16

    How do u "fix" scuffs on sides of tires?

    I rubbed my tire on a curb exiting my townhomes garage this morning. Stupid neighbors aircraft carrier sized doolie truck takes up all the parking just outside my garage and the only way around this behemith was to scuff up my tires! Anyway, now I have one of those ugly scuff marks on the outside wall of my tire. Is there anything I can do short of buying a new tire to clean up this scuff mark? There are obvious short term fixes such as a tire dressing. Anyone know of anything better than this? I appreciate your help!....DAMN DOOLIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Night Wolf's Avatar
    Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Where I park it
    Posts
    11,009

    Re: How do u "fix" scuffs on sides of tires?

    If the actual sidewall is "damaged" (as far as looks) then the best bet would probably be to take it to a tire shop and have them remove the tire from the wheel, as well as the oppistie tire (front or back? go with the other front/ back etc...) and have them re-balance the tires (always a good thing)

    What it'll do is put the scuffed side wall on the "inside" of the wheel, and the "new" side wall on the outside..... for black wall tires, you can do this... with white walls, since the white walls are only on 1 side of the tire, you can't

  4. #3
    RobertCTS's Avatar
    RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Central Ohio
    Posts
    22,418

    Re: How do u "fix" scuffs on sides of tires?

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    If the actual sidewall is "damaged" (as far as looks) then the best bet would probably be to take it to a tire shop and have them remove the tire from the wheel, as well as the oppistie tire (front or back? go with the other front/ back etc...) and have them re-balance the tires (always a good thing)
    What it'll do is put the scuffed side wall on the "inside" of the wheel, and the "new" side wall on the outside..... for black wall tires, you can do this... with white walls, since the white walls are only on 1 side of the tire, you can't
    Good idea Night Wolf! I see you've had over 2600 posts and only 17 years old..remarkable. Interesting collection of cars you have too.

  5. #4
    Achtung is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    16

    Re: How do u "fix" scuffs on sides of tires?

    Quote Originally Posted by Night Wolf
    If the actual sidewall is "damaged" (as far as looks) then the best bet would probably be to take it to a tire shop and have them remove the tire from the wheel, as well as the oppistie tire (front or back? go with the other front/ back etc...) and have them re-balance the tires (always a good thing)

    What it'll do is put the scuffed side wall on the "inside" of the wheel, and the "new" side wall on the outside..... for black wall tires, you can do this... with white walls, since the white walls are only on 1 side of the tire, you can't
    Thanks Night Wolf...I'll have to check into that.

    Did I mention that DOOLIES SUCK!!!???

  6. #5
    thefred's Avatar
    thefred is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS-V
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    817

    Re: How do u "fix" scuffs on sides of tires?

    Quote Originally Posted by Achtung
    Thanks Night Wolf...I'll have to check into that.

    Did I mention that DOOLIES SUCK!!!???
    Yep, they sure do. My neighbor across the street parks his in the street so I have to back into my driveway so I don't smack the sh*t out of it when I leave my driveway!

  7. #6
    Night Wolf's Avatar
    Night Wolf is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Unicycle
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Where I park it
    Posts
    11,009

    Re: How do u "fix" scuffs on sides of tires?

    I like big pickup trucks

  8. #7
    Chuck C's Avatar
    Chuck C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    1,516

    Re: How do u "fix" scuffs on sides of tires?

    Meguiar's Endurance High Gloss Tire treatment (goopy purple jelly stuff) covers up scuffs in addition to giving your tire a long lasting wet look


  9. #8
    dkozloski's Avatar
    dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Fairbanks, Ak
    Age
    74
    Posts
    26,377

    Re: How do u "fix" scuffs on sides of tires?

    Why is it that these characters that own the biggest "dually" pickup trucks all look about like Don Knott and the biggest thing they have to haul around is a sack of groceries? As you drive down the road behind them you see that scrawny chicken neck, little bald head, and those big "wing nut" ears. Either that or it is some hard bitten old blister with a cell phone in one ear and a six inch long cigarette dangling from her lips. How's that for stereotyping?

  10. #9
    Achtung is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Issaquah, WA
    Posts
    16

    Re: How do u "fix" scuffs on sides of tires?

    Quote Originally Posted by dkozloski
    Why is it that these characters that own the biggest "dually" pickup trucks all look about like Don Knott and the biggest thing they have to haul around is a sack of groceries? As you drive down the road behind them you see that scrawny chicken neck, little bald head, and those big "wing nut" ears. Either that or it is some hard bitten old blister with a cell phone in one ear and a six inch long cigarette dangling from her lips. How's that for stereotyping?
    Sounds like my neighbor! Who needs a dually in a big city? I've never seen my neighbor haul anything around but air.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting