6M OWNERS Q? 2nd gear shift
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 6M OWNERS Q? 2nd gear shift in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I've noticed, probably since ive owned the car that 2nd gear is tough to shift into sometimes. To the point ...
    newton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS MT

6M OWNERS Q? 2nd gear shift

I've noticed, probably since ive owned the car that 2nd gear is tough to shift into sometimes. To the point where im coming up an ON ramp from a dead stop and when i go to put it into 2nd up at 5.5k theres this terrible grinding noise and it wont go into gear, even with the clutch pedal stomped to the ground. The transmission engaged the 3rd time i tried to put it in the slot and the rpms were back down around 2.5,3. It feels like sometimes the shifter needs to be forced into the gate. anyone else experience wthis problem? any ideas what it might be? perhaps i'm just not shifting correct? shifter or syncros messed or misaligned? any kind of feedback would help. It feels nothing like shifting into 3rd which is smooth and painless as are the rest of the gears... i dont get it

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ktills45 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 6M OWNERS Q? 2nd gear shift

Newton, I think I would have that looked at.

1st to 2nd for me is snug, but there isn't any grinding or difficulty at all. When I get on it, it's harder to get into second, but that's only because 1st winds out so fast that I always screw up shifting into second.

All the gears feel solid when I'm shifting into them, but never resistant.

Ted007 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have not had any problems, up shifting or down shifting, I also shift pretty quickly, so I sort of get out the gate fast, and never look back.

I smile because sometimes the law enforcement pulls up beside me, because I start like I am going to end up going 150 mph but when I reach the speed limit I back off the gas and the car is smooth sailing.

Hey, for me this car is a lot of fun to drive with the six speed manual transmission. The only design change I would like to see is: the reverse, it is easy to go into reverse if you slap the stick hard going into first at a stand still, not a problem as long as the car is in motion. However I noticed that on my test drive of the car, but I still had to have it.

fastball is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Is the clutch in the manual CTS hydraulic?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.