Disabling Stabilitrac
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Disabling Stabilitrac in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I remember a thread about disabling TCS and holding the button down to disable stabilitrac. I tried this and nothing ...
    Smokin' 04 CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior

Exclamation Disabling Stabilitrac

I remember a thread about disabling TCS and holding the button down to disable stabilitrac. I tried this and nothing happened, just turned TCS on and off. I have the 3.6L auto. Is it possible to disengage stabilitrac and TCS? If so, then how is it done?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

newton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS MT

Re: Disabling Stabilitrac

Press and hold T/C button until DIC reads Stability System Disabled

BlueMalibu is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 Sport, 6-Speed

Yep, and it must be the button in the glove box. Any programmed buttons on the DIC or steering will not work for turning off Stabilitrak.

I noticed that both responses are from people with manuals, does this work with autos? I have the 5sp auto 3.6L.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' 04 CTS
    I noticed that both responses are from people with manuals, does this work with autos? I have the 5sp auto 3.6L.
    Yep

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

As I recall, you hold the glove box button down for five seconds and it beeps once, letting you know TC is deactivated. Keep holding it for another five seconds and it beeps again, indicating Stabilitrac is disabled. I've only done it once to see if it works.

I've actually pushed the car several times hard enough to activate stabilitrac (doing 65mph on a curving 35mph on-ramp). I'm glad it works to keep exuberant drivers like me from pushing a little too hard and meeting Mr. guard rail.

Having the TC kick in is another story (maybe I WANNA accelerate to the smell of burnt rubber). I need to reprogram that to a steering wheel button again.

Edit: no beeps but otherwise this works. I noticed if you push it more than once, it reactivates them.

Quote Originally Posted by odysseus
    As I recall, you hold the glove box button down for five seconds and it beeps once, letting you know TC is deactivated. Keep holding it for another five seconds and it beeps again, indicating Stabilitrac is disabled. I've only done it once to see if it works.

I've actually pushed the car several times hard enough to activate stabilitrac (doing 65mph on a curving 35mph on-ramp). I'm glad it works to keep exuberant drivers like me from pushing a little too hard and meeting Mr. guard rail.

Having the TC kick in is another story (maybe I WANNA accelerate to the smell of burnt rubber). I need to reprogram that to a steering wheel button again.

Edit: no beeps but otherwise this works. I noticed if you push it more than once, it reactivates them.
    Is there something that comes up on DIC saying that stabilitrac is off? Mine doesn't do anything like that.

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

I've got a Nav system, and mine came up with a message that said 'Stabilitrac disabled'. I used to have the DIC and did this. I don't remember specifically, but I'm sure it said the same thing. I wonder if they disabled this in later cars, or those without the sport options (1SC or PDX).

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by Smokin' 04 CTS
    Is there something that comes up on DIC saying that stabilitrac is off? Mine doesn't do anything like that.
    My 05 does not show any notification on the DIC/NAV. When turning the switch on and off the only notification that I receive in the TC OFF icon on the dash cluster.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Works on my early '04

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.