Recommendation for drilled slotted rotors
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Tlorenzen
  • 1 Post By CTSM
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Recommendation for drilled slotted rotors in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I'm planning on buying new rotors for my 04 CTS. Can anyone recommend where to purchase?...
    04CTSOwner123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6L Base

Recommendation for drilled slotted rotors

I'm planning on buying new rotors for my 04 CTS. Can anyone recommend where to purchase?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    I have r1 drilled/slotted and absolutely love them. I think they are 15% till 11pm tonight as well..I'll have to check my email.
    =Javi= likes this.

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

Re: Recommendation for drilled slotted rotors

he is telling the truth about the R1's

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    I have r1 drilled/slotted and absolutely love them. I think they are 15% till 11pm tonight as well..I'll have to check my email.
    many mods \m/ \m/

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

^R1 E-Line cross drilled & slotted rotors here as well, have had the same pair on for almost two years and they have been just fantastic, saved me in tight spots too many times, nice price for what it is, good customer service and I will definitely consider them again once it' time for replacements.

Argent1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6

I have the Brakemotive D & S, and they tend to rust.

falconsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Sport

Ebay

Quote Originally Posted by falconsman View Post
    Ebay
    Grabbing just any drilled rotor off of Ebay is a recipe for a quickly wrapped rotor. This is one of the few things one just can't cheapen with, there's only a handful of rotor brands that make rotors that fit our car and can be trusted to deliver a quality product. This is just like wheel hubs, I can count about 4 manufacturers that I know that make a hub for our cars that won't go bad in a month or so.

falconsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Sport

Quote Originally Posted by CTSM View Post
    Grabbing just any drilled rotor off of Ebay is a recipe for a quickly wrapped rotor. This is one of the few things one just can't cheapen with, there's only a handful of rotor brands that make rotors that fit our car and can be trusted to deliver a quality product. This is just like wheel hubs, I can count about 4 manufacturers that I know that make a hub for our cars that won't go bad in a month or so.
    true but ebay does have very good deals on rotors, I have a set of cross drilled rotors for my acura tl, and will be getting them for my cts when i need them, not everything on ebay is great, but not everything is bad either.

Quote Originally Posted by falconsman View Post
    true but ebay does have very good deals on rotors, I have a set of cross drilled rotors for my acura tl, and will be getting them for my cts when i need them, not everything on ebay is great, but not everything is bad either.
    Well, in that case yes. The R1 rotors I have, I've actually purchased from R1's ebay store. They had a very nice combo deal on rotors and pads that I went with.

Just saying you can find dozens of cheap rotors on Ebay that should be avoided, as I mentioned, there's a handful of brands that make rotors for our cars that can be trusted, R1 is one of those tried and proven products for our cars and surely not the only ones I'm not exactly advertising for them, PowerStop, EBC and Stoptech also produce quality products. Also some of these brands use blanks from other brands (Centric for instance is a major supplier of rotor blanks for a lot of the quality producers).
    josney likes this.

josney is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS

CTSM is correct, R1 has a store on ebay
    many mods \m/ \m/

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.