Possible Future CTS owner with lots of questions!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Possible Future CTS owner with lots of questions! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey guys, I am thinking of getting a cadillac cts, but I have some questions first. I figured this forum ...
    02Silvy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Possible Future CTS owner with lots of questions!

Hey guys, I am thinking of getting a cadillac cts, but I have some questions first. I figured this forum was a good place to start!

First off
    How bad would insurance be? Im 17, been driving for over a year now, clean record, no tickets, and live up in MN. My current insurance is like 215 a month for an 02 silverado...so will it be worse for the caddy?

Next, are they reliable? I was looking around this site last night and I was seeing a lot of issue threads and it got me kinda wondering. They mostly seemed to be about misfires and not starting.

Anyways next question. How are they with power? Are they easy to upgrade and make faster? Has anyone ever turbo'd theirs on here?

What are considered high miles for one?

Thanks everyone, appreciate it!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

aviatordave is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 1976 Seville (sold)

Re: Possible Future CTS owner with lots of questions!

only an insurance agent can tell you if it'll be more than your truck. my guess is it should be about the same, with the same coverage

what you read on the forum about issues and problems probably only represent 1/2% or less of the CTSs on the road. and I gotta think most of those don't have problems. if I would have read this forum first, I would have never bought my 07. BUT, I've never experienced any of the issues written about. even the seemingly worst one - the dreaded oil consumption. mine uses no oil between oil changes. (synthetic with changes every 10,000 miles).

mine is equipped with the 3.6. while it's not a Mustang GT, or SS Camaro - it'll hold it's on. I do tend to run the snot out of my cars, and this one is no exception. someone else will have to address any mods for more horsepower or torque. mine is stock. seems to me, it's a bunch of money, time and work to squeeze a few more hp out. I'd rather rely on my driving skills.

as far as high mileage, they are just like anything else on the roads. (IMO) more than 20,000 miles a year is high. but, I'm an old fart and am stuck in the 60s & 70s when you got rid of a car when it broke 75,000 miles. my 07 has 79,000 and I have no plans to get rid of it. when I do, it'll be for a newer CTS.

only you can decide if it's the right car for you. if and when you start looking for one.... do your due diligence and have it inspected thoroughly. I'd try to get the newest one with lowest mileage I could afford.

good luck with your search, don't forget to come back and post when you get one.

02Silvy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

why wouldnt you have bought one?

and i saw like an 05 with 88k miles for 8k, it seemed to be the best deal i saw. I also saw a 04/05? cts v with low miles for like 10k...id love that lol but that wouldnt be possible yet.

and thanks for the reply, answed some questions!

also sorry for my spelling im on my tablet

aviatordave is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 1976 Seville (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by 02Silvy View Post
    ....why wouldnt you have bought one?....
    that probably wasn't a fair answer. if all one read about were all the problems and issues of a particular car, I can see how that might keep one from buying that model. again, by me being an old gear head, I do my own research. while I can't speak about the other engines, the 3.6 seems to be a workhorse. now, to be fair.... I've only put 20,000 miles on mine the past 2 1/2 years,(with several long highway trips thrown in.)

oh, I've replaced the original battery last year (only getting 5 years from it) and had the water pump replaced earlier this year. I thought, at 76,000 miles, it failed prematurely.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.