2007 cts connector c104
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2007 cts connector c104 in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello, I am the owner of a local shop here in San Diego. We are trying to help a customer ...
    DROCTORK is offline Cadillac Owners Member

2007 cts connector c104

Hello, I am the owner of a local shop here in San Diego. We are trying to help a customer that "Fixed it himself" before coming to see me. This customer had changed the A/C system pressure switch, since it had been leaking. After doing so he came to my shop to have the freon replaced (yep, you loose it all when you blindly unscrew that sensor...) Anyway, after pulling a vacuum and recharging the system we found the A/C clutch inoperative...
    So I hook up the scanner, the A/C is reporting 0 psi... Yet my gauges show 75 static.

This is where it gets fun, the A/C pressure switch had been leaking for a while, and the oil traveled back along the wiring harness. For whatever reason, the A/C oil decide to attack the insulation of all the wires. As we untaped the A/C pressure switch wires, and the wires to the 24 pin black engine to IP harness connetor (C104) we found the insulation degraded and falling off all of the wires, they all were stuck together in a big mucky mess.

I have never seen A/C oil, ester, or PAG cause this kind of destruction. My guess is that GM started using something new for the insulation on the wiring harnesses.

Anyway, I am in need of a connector end view and pinout diagram for connector C104, there are several purple wires, that appear to be the data signal wires from differant modules, and two grey wires that I believe are simply 5 volt reference wires. I asked my local GM parts guy for this diagram and his computer station did not have access to the diagram I requested.

I called Cadillac, and have had no response.

Can Anybody provide me with this Connector End View and Pinout? VIN number is; 1G6DP577170132257

Thank You, DroctorK

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by DROCTORK
    Hello, I am the owner of a local shop here in San Diego. We are trying to help a customer that "Fixed it himself" before coming to see me. This customer had changed the A/C system pressure switch, since it had been leaking. After doing so he came to my shop to have the freon replaced (yep, you loose it all when you blindly unscrew that sensor...) Anyway, after pulling a vacuum and recharging the system we found the A/C clutch inoperative... So I hook up the scanner, the A/C is reporting 0 psi... Yet my gauges show 75 static. This is where it gets fun, the A/C pressure switch had been leaking for a while, and the oil traveled back along the wiring harness. For whatever reason, the A/C oil decide to attack the insulation of all the wires. As we untaped the A/C pressure switch wires, and the wires to the 24 pin black engine to IP harness connetor (C104) we found the insulation degraded and falling off all of the wires, they all were stuck together in a big mucky mess. I have never seen A/C oil, ester, or PAG cause this kind of destruction. My guess is that GM started using something new for the insulation on the wiring harnesses. Anyway, I am in need of a connector end view and pinout diagram for connector C104, there are several purple wires, that appear to be the data signal wires from differant modules, and two grey wires that I believe are simply 5 volt reference wires. I asked my local GM parts guy for this diagram and his computer station did not have access to the diagram I requested. I called Cadillac, and have had no response. Can Anybody provide me with this Connector End View and Pinout? VIN number is; 1G6DP577170132257 Thank You, DroctorK
    There is a Cadillac customer rep here that you can contact and you can also send a PM to RippyParts. You may be able to get some help from them.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.