04 3.6 flowmasters
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Blayne
  • 1 Post By DopeEffect
  • 2 Post By Blayne
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 04 3.6 flowmasters in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I took this vid of my phone so its not the best quality but my setup is; gutted cats, hpipe, ...
    ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    I took this vid of my phone so its not the best quality but my setup is; gutted cats, hpipe, flowmaster super 44's, 3.5" dc sports tips. Hope u guys like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9K7...e_gdata_player

Btw that bandaid on the right corner of my bumper is proof that you should not txt and drive.. -_____-

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Quote Originally Posted by ztollon
    I took this vid of my phone so its not the best quality but my setup is; gutted cats, hpipe, flowmaster super 44's, 3.5" dc sports tips. Hope u guys like it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9K7...e_gdata_player Btw that bandaid on the right corner of my bumper is proof that you should not txt and drive.. -_____-
    Your car sounds great! Did you go To a shop to remove your CATS or did you remove it yourself? I am thinking about removing my cats for hi flow or test pipes lol (maybe not). I am just wondering how much of a pain the driver side will be to remove.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    My personal opinion, the car is too loud. It also sounds like a car with no cars. It has that no exhaust sound to it. Just my .02 cents
    Argent1 likes this.

I did everything myself. I gutted the cats by unbolting from the flange, taking a long metal rod and hammer and beat the crap out of it.. started the car up to blow the residue out. I really need to just cut the cats out and straight pipe it.

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2

Re: 04 3.6 flowmasters

I don't know much about exhaust systems but would deleting the cats cause you to fail an emissions test? That's kinda why I've held off on upgrading my exhaust. Don't really want to spend all that money only to not pass inspection.
    Argent1 likes this.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by ztollon
    I did everything myself. I gutted the cats by unbolting from the flange, taking a long metal rod and hammer and beat the crap out of it.. started the car up to blow the residue out. I really need to just cut the cats out and straight pipe it.
    Removing the cats and straight piping it will sound even worse. Sometimes the cheap route is the worst route. And yes removing the cats will result in a failed emissions test. A good sounding set up on these cars can be very cheap, no need to cut corners that much.
    Argent1 and DopeEffect like this.

I have gutted cats already the empty void resonates. Thats why i want to cut them out and straight pipe it. Im not hitting emissions already boo whoo

----------

I cut corners because i did the work myself? Or because i gutted my cats? This same srtup would have cost me over $600 at a shop

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.