how to play dvd,s while moving ?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, how to play dvd,s while moving ? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; there has to be a way to rig the nav unit so you dont have to be stading still to ...
    Silver CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Question how to play dvd,s while moving ?

there has to be a way to rig the nav unit so you dont have to be stading still to watch movies. does anyone know, or know where i can get a copy of the wire diagram for the nav unit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: how to play dvd,s while moving ?

Originally posted by SilverCTS
    there has to be a way to rig the nav unit so you dont have to be stading still to watch movies. does anyone know, or know where i can get a copy of the wire diagram for the nav unit?
    i was thinking the same thing ...it must be hooked into the gear shifter somehow...and welcome to the board

elwesso is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
    Have you tried to do an internet search on that? Im sure there is some sort of device to override this.

Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Its like that because it is illegal to have a TV in the drivers view while the vehicle is in motion.

FMCSR 393.88 Television Recievers
    Any vehicle equiped with a television viewer, screen, or other means of visually recieving a television broadcast shall have the viewer or screen located in the motor vehicle at a point to the rear of the back of the drivers seat if such a viewer or screen is in the same compartment as the driverand teh viewer or screen shall be located as not to be visable to the driver, while he/she is driving the motor vehicle. The operating controls for the television reciever shall be located that the driver cannot operate them with out leaving the driver's seat.

whew all that off the top of my head j/k

Id say that can also be inturpeted as watching a broadcast from the DVD

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

Re: how to play dvd,s while moving ?

Originally posted by SilverCTS

other than the dvd issue how do you like the nav system...and the cts overall?

LymanSS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Well we all know it's illegal, but there must be a way to do it. I've been thinking about it in my DTS, but I'm not sure. I know that it disables the DVD as soon as I shift out of park, so it must get a signal from the shifter. However, it's an electronic shifter, so the signal could come from the PCM, or someplace else. Also, the nav system has an input from the vehicle speed sensor, and the GPS, so it could easily tell the car is in motion from one of those. I'd really like to find a way to do it so my passengers could watch movies while I drive. I think I can manage to keep my eyes of the screen and on the road. But of course I'd never tamper with that system in an illegal manner......

Scott

Dead Sled is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    well ya need a service manual to get the wiring diagrams and see what trigers it to play only in park

kknoll is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I'm looking for the same thing. I have made several internet searches on Google to no avail.

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    I went to cadillac to ask them at the very least how to be able to type in info in my gps while im driving.
    (passenger types it in while i drive) and he said he knew of no way and they said that if their is a way cadillac is being super hush hush about it. He also said everyone who owns one thinks the same way. Um how do you watch a dvd btw? I have never tried throwing a dvd into my nav but will that work? I may have to go try

Be nice im new.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.