Disabling Traction Control
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Disabling Traction Control in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Does anyone know how to disable the traction control system in a 2005 CTS with the auto?...
    Daveross3476 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Disabling Traction Control

Does anyone know how to disable the traction control system in a 2005 CTS with the auto?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Re: Disabling Traction Control

Quote Originally Posted by Daveross3476
    Does anyone know how to disable the traction control system in a 2005 CTS with the auto?
    There is a button in the glove box.

CTS-TO is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.2 & 2014 ATS 2.0T

In the summertime I program one of the display buttons of the radio to toggle TCS. <-- That's easier.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

It's the yellow button on the left side of your glove box. You can also disable the Stabiltrac there also. The four buttons on your steering wheel are programmable. You can use one to disable TC but not the stabiltrac.

Welcome to the Forum.

newton is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 3.6 CTS MT

I thought you could only disable stabilitrak on the V's? the TC button on my car only turns TC on and off, is it beacuse im a manual too is disabling stabilitrak an auto only thing?

Quote Originally Posted by newton
    I thought you could only disable stabilitrak on the V's? the TC button on my car only turns TC on and off, is it beacuse im a manual too is disabling stabilitrak an auto only thing?
    If you want to really push your car into corners and slide etc. you want the TC & Stabilitrac off. See page 4-10 of your owners manual.

BrandonCTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So on the auto's you can turn off both TC and Stabilitrac. I just got my CTS, need to break it before I drive it hard. Is it pretty fun with the TC and stabilitrac off? I can't wait

bladehack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If I can remember correctly....when using the glove box button to disable traction control, you hold the button in for 2 seconds. The DIC will say "Traction Disabled". Keep the button depressed for another 2 seconds or so and the DIC will then say "Stabilitrak Disabled".

I have the 6MT and I'm pretty sure I have disabled Stabilitrak using this method. I have one of the programmable radio buttons on the DIC programmed to disable traction control.

Quote Originally Posted by BrandonCTS
    So on the auto's you can turn off both TC and Stabilitrac. I just got my CTS, need to break it before I drive it hard. Is it pretty fun with the TC and stabilitrac off? I can't wait
    As you imagine doing donuts on dry payment is really rough on your car. But yes you can.

Quote Originally Posted by bladehack
    If I can remember correctly....when using the glove box button to disable traction control, you hold the button in for 2 seconds. The DIC will say "Traction Disabled". Keep the button depressed for another 2 seconds or so and the DIC will then say "Stabilitrak Disabled".

I have the 6MT and I'm pretty sure I have disabled Stabilitrak using this method. I have one of the programmable radio buttons on the DIC programmed to disable traction control.
    Keep in mind you have to get into the glove box everytime you want to disable Stabiltrac since it resets after turning off the engine. Same with TC but that's easy if you programmed your steering wheel button.

05CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 & 2008 CTS

Interesting. I'll have to try this out.

SdMarineGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-TO
    In the summertime I program one of the display buttons of the radio to toggle TCS. <-- That's easier.
    How do you program does buttons I forgot and cant find my manual.

uh so if i hold the tc button it does nothing, i can only tun t/c on or off it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by newton
    uh so if i hold the tc button it does nothing, i can only tun t/c on or off it seems.
    Newton,
    There is a sequence spelled out in the manual. When you 1st push the yellow glove box button, a light comes on in your dash. It's a "TC" cicled w/ a line thru it. Meaning the TC ic off. Press it again & it comes back on. For STS it's a double sequence push. Push for TC, then again for STS but hold it in for I think 5 seconds. Once you shut the engine off everything resets. FYI TC can be programmed to the steering wheel..STS can not.

is competitive driving mode only on automatic cars? It seems if i push and hold the tc button in the glove box i can get tc and stabilitrak off but the manual mentions this competitive driving mode if i push the tc button and push it again within 5 secs the DIC reads competitive driving mode. It seems to me all it does it turn tc back on. idk maybe im missing something. the manual also said "the tc button on THE STEERING WHEEL" and i dont think there is one unless you set it, and even then all it did was turn tc on or off. rtfm written poorly? or just not specific enough

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.