Disabling Traction Control - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Disabling Traction Control in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by newton is competitive driving mode only on automatic cars? It seems if i push and hold the ...
    RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: Disabling Traction Control

Quote Originally Posted by newton
    is competitive driving mode only on automatic cars? It seems if i push and hold the tc button in the glove box i can get tc and stabilitrak off but the manual mentions this competitive driving mode if i push the tc button and push it again within 5 secs the DIC reads competitive driving mode. It seems to me all it does it turn tc back on. idk maybe im missing something. the manual also said "the tc button on THE STEERING WHEEL" and i dont think there is one unless you set it, and even then all it did was turn tc on or off. rtfm written poorly? or just not specific enough
    When TC is off an icon lights up on your dash. It's a TC with a circle around it and a diagonal line "No TC"

MCD40 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CTS-TO
    In the summertime I program one of the display buttons of the radio to toggle TCS. <-- That's easier.
    Sorry to steal this bit of the thread but while we're on the topic of the programmable steering wheel buttons, I programmed one of them to toggle TC but I'm wondering if there was a way to program a button to toggle Sport mode? I know it's not in the DIC personalization menu but I had this slight hope that someone had done it at some point, just cause it'd be that much cooler than reaching down to hit the button near the shifter

bladehack is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by newton
    is competitive driving mode only on automatic cars? It seems if i push and hold the tc button in the glove box i can get tc and stabilitrak off but the manual mentions this competitive driving mode if i push the tc button and push it again within 5 secs the DIC reads competitive driving mode. It seems to me all it does it turn tc back on. idk maybe im missing something. the manual also said "the tc button on THE STEERING WHEEL" and i dont think there is one unless you set it, and even then all it did was turn tc on or off. rtfm written poorly? or just not specific enough
    Newton,

The CTS manual can be confusing to read at times since it's also the manual for the CTS-V. AFAIK, the "competitive driving mode" is a CTS-V only feature, just as the traction control button on the steering wheel. The CTS-V specific sections of the manual blur into CTS specific sections of the manual.

AznPrydeRegalRyde is offline BAD EMAIL ADDRESS
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s

Newbie.

Does this also work for 03's?

Quote Originally Posted by Krank
    Sorry to steal this bit of the thread but while we're on the topic of the programmable steering wheel buttons, I programmed one of them to toggle TC but I'm wondering if there was a way to program a button to toggle Sport mode? I know it's not in the DIC personalization menu but I had this slight hope that someone had done it at some point, just cause it'd be that much cooler than reaching down to hit the button near the shifter
    When programming TC I didn't see that option but like you it would be neat to have the two on the steering wheel.

Smokin' 04 CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L 5sp Auto Silver Smoke with Neutral Interior

Question Re: Disabling Traction Control

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    It's the yellow button on the left side of your glove box. You can also disable the Stabiltrac there also. The four buttons on your steering wheel are programmable. You can use one to disable TC but not the stabiltrac.

Welcome to the Forum.
    Robert-
    Is there a button to disengage stabilitrac? Is it the same button as TCS, or is it a separate button?
    Thanks

Scratch that.. just had to read on for like 2-3 more posts... now I gotta try it out!!

mysts98 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

does anyone know how to disable traction on a 98 sts , cuase if i pull the fuses it still seems like im in second gear???????

jteolis is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS

I had an idea the other day while playing with the TC button. Probably wouldn't be too much of a hassle to rewire the trunk release and TC buttons to switch their poritions. Even if you didn't actually switch the buttons, but I think you could do that too.

My 72 Caddy had the trunk release in the glove box, and having the tC button easily accessible on the driver's door would be nice. Just have to run wiring extensions through the door over to the glove box.

Quote Originally Posted by jteolis
    I had an idea the other day while playing with the TC button. Probably wouldn't be too much of a hassle to rewire the trunk release and TC buttons to switch their poritions. Even if you didn't actually switch the buttons, but I think you could do that too.
    My 72 Caddy had the trunk release in the glove box, and having the tC button easily accessible on the driver's door would be nice. Just have to run wiring extensions through the door over to the glove box.
    Good project. If you figure out please share!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.