Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2006 CTS with 2.8L Engine - Where is Cylinder #1 located? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; My 2006 has 136,000 miles. Check engine light came on and I took it to AutoZone to determine the code. ...
- 10-03-13 02:17 PM #1Cadillac Owners Member
- Automobile(s): 2006 CTS 2.8L Engine
- Join Date
- Oct 2013
2006 CTS with 2.8L Engine - Where is Cylinder #1 located?
My 2006 has 136,000 miles. Check engine light came on and I took it to AutoZone to determine the code.
"Misfire in Cylinder #1". I intend to replace all the spark plugs as well as the ignition coil for Cylinder #1. Also the intake manifold gaskets. Can someone let me know the location of Cylinder #1?
- 10-03-13 04:00 PM #2Cadillac Owners Master
- Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- Ledyard, CT
- 10-03-13 05:58 PM #3
Re: 2006 CTS with 2.8L Engine - Where is Cylinder #1 located?
The #1 Cylinder is a little more forward to the front on the engine than the opposing cylinder bank. So it's definitely like the picture on the link you sent.
+ Reply to Thread
Gear in this thread - Powered by O'Reilly Auto Parts
- Hopkins Manufacturing SubZero - Auto Emergency Shovel
Auto Emergency Shovel -
- Speed by Spectre - Oil Breather Cap
Oil Breather Cap - Valve Cover Breather
- Performance Tool - Filter Wrench
Filter Wrench - 2 1/4 Inch to 3 1/2 Inch; SmallMore on Performance Tool - Filter Wrench