Yet Another window problem, but I done my homework
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Yet Another window problem, but I done my homework in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Some background..... 2004 CTS 3.6 40k miles..... Yes, in "excelent" shape, like new. My dad owned it and was always ...
    Aangulo is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Yet Another window problem, but I done my homework

Some background..... 2004 CTS 3.6 40k miles..... Yes, in "excelent" shape, like new. My dad owned it and was always stored in covered garage.

Saturday around 7pm was departing kid's soccer game and battery was dead. Tried jump and no joy. Went, bought a battery, replace on the spot with no issues. However on my way home lowered driver window and never came back up.

Tried unplugging battery for more than 10 minutes with no luck. Checked fuses under back seat and all looked okay (only fuses checked). Yesterday decided to open door panel.... All looked new! Great car! So decided to jump the window motor using a battery and motor worked flawlessly and was able to bring window up. I left the motor disconnected so to make sure I will not lower the window by mistake until I find a possible solution. Closed door panel. All other windows work with no issues and using all controls. I can clearly say it is only the driver window and only going up. If I press the control for any window, I can clearly hear a relay type sound on each door when pressing up or down except the driver window. I can only hear the relay when pressing down but not up.

What should I do next? I have multimeter just need to know what to look for.

Thanks in advance for any help or direction.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Does the relay sound should be there when pressing down or when pressing the "auto" down? I have further identified that the relay sound is only there when pressing the "Auto" down.

Any ideas?

Thanks again

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Re: Yet Another window problem, but I done my homework

Have you had the BCM (Body Control Module) scanned to see if you can find error codes that will point you closer to the issue?

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: Yet Another window problem, but I done my homework

I believe that the relay sound is there no matter what. Whether auto up/down or manual up/down. It's just with the auto up/down that there is a 1 second delay of when the glass reaches the top/bottom that the relay clicks. With the manual, well it's when you release the switch no matter where the glass is in the travel.

KOT

Thanks guys for the reply. I really appreciate the time.... No, I have not done the scan. I call the GMC dealer (no Cadillac) and they indicated a 95dll charge for diagnostic and that most probably will be the regulator and that it will cost 510dlls. That is when I lost faith in them and decided to tackle on my own.

I have no problem paying the 95dlls... Sounds like this should be the way to go for now..... Question, should GMC dealer should be done or should I drive further to the Cadillac dealer.....

Any other thoughts besides the visit to the dealer?

Thanks again!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.