Time for tires.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Time for tires. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hi, So i've been doing extent research on tires for the past couple of weeks. I'm looking for a set ...
    Acdcpsp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 CTS4

Time for tires.

Hi, So i've been doing extent research on tires for the past couple of weeks. I'm looking for a set of good all-seasons that rides smooth, quite, and has good traction in light snow light a few inches. I know obviously this sounds like the tire everyone wants and if this tire existed it be very expensive. I currently have Falken Ziex 912 which did pretty good. Never got stuck other than my driveway. I just want something better so I can make it up hills straight rather than sideways... So I figure I'd ask you guys what kind of tires do you use and recommend. I'm mainly concerned about traction. Sure I would like a smooth ride quite ride but I'd prefer good traction first then a smoother ride and so on. So what you recommend? I looked into Goodyear Triple Tread.. I drive a 2006 CTS 3.6 Base with the 16 inch rims. I also live in PA so our winters aren't too bad and I drive through a few inchs of snow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

curtc is offline OCD - Obsessive Cadillac Disorder
    Automobile(s): White Diamond 06 STS V8 RWD 1SF F55 HUD/ACC NAV - 118k

Re: Time for tires.

Continental ExtremeContact DWS's will come highly recommended here as a solid all-season, I had them on my CTS and currently have them on my STS.
    Past Cadillac's

2004 CTS 3.6L - 2011-2012
    2001 Seville Touring Sedan - 2006-2011
    1995 Seville Touring Sedan - 2005-2006

falconsman is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS Sport
    Well I live in Florida, so my choice on tires does not apply to you, sry.

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

My best recommendation is what i have on right now as all-seasons Michelline primacy MXM4

CTS-QC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS Luxury Sport

Just go for 4 winter tires, and keep another set of tires for summer months. A pain to change them but well worth it. If you have to go through snow, buy winter tires period. Look for the peaked mountain with snowflake symbol when shopping for winter tires. Tires marked with this symbol meet specific snow traction performance requirements and have been designed specifically for use in severe snow conditions. Tires marked "M + S" (Mud and Snow), or "all season" tires that do not have the peaked mountain with snowflake symbol, may provide safe performance in most weather conditions, but are not designed for snow and ice-covered roads.

At temperatures below 45°F, standard tires begin to lose elasticity, resulting in reduced traction. Winter tires retain their elasticity to grip at much lower temperatures. Wide, high-performance tires, other than those specifically designed as winter tires, are no good for use on snow-covered roads. I bought for myself a set of Hankook Winter i-cept EVO tires and winter mags to put them on. Maybe not the best winter tires on the market but for the price they a good job of running through slush. They are almost as quiet as an all season tire and can still do some performance driving..

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.