windows stopped working all of a sudden! Pleaseeee Help!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, windows stopped working all of a sudden! Pleaseeee Help! in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; All of my power Windows stopped working all of a sudden. I tried each window separately with no luck on ...
    ctsbboy is offline Cadillac Owners Member

windows stopped working all of a sudden! Pleaseeee Help!

All of my power Windows stopped working all of a sudden. I tried each window separately with no luck on any of them. All my other buttons on my driver door work but the windows don't even make a noise when I push the button I checked the fuses & they're all good. Can a faulty BCM cause this or faulty ECM? Please help guys..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: windows stopped working all of a sudden! Pleaseeee Help!

Do the windows work if you use the switches on the other doors?

And I'll ask the stupid question, just to be sure you checked - are you sure you didn't accidentally push the "window lock" button on the driver's door?
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Thanks for your reply and yes I checked all my other door switches & none work lol and I'm sure its not the window lock. But the window lock button lights up still when I push the button. So I don't know what the problem is. Im thinking since the lock button still lights its probably still getting power but the switches make absolutely no noise or movement when pushed. Yet every other button on the switch works IE door locks,side mirrors,ext just not the windows.

Hmmm, weird. It does sound like the window lock feature is stuck on, but I don't know how to confirm that (or how to bypass it). I'll try to remember to look in my FSM later today to see what it says.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ctsbboy View Post
    All of my power Windows stopped working all of a sudden. I tried each window separately with no luck on any of them. All my other buttons on my driver door work but the windows don't even make a noise when I push the button I checked the fuses & they're all good. Can a faulty BCM cause this or faulty ECM? Please help guys..
    ctsbboy,

I do apologize for reading about your power windows. If we can help by scheduling an appointment for an official diagnosis, please let us know. We're here if you need additional assistance, so feel free to send us a message if needed.

William R. (assisting Greg & Laura)
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thanks AAIIIC, any help would be greatly appreciated. I was researching & found a couple people having the same problem wich turned out to be caused by an corroded wire under the backseat carpet. But since the lock button still lights up when I press it & turns off when I press again I'm thinking its not that because the switch seems to still be getting power to the switch because the lock can light up. But idk this is my 1st CTS & it has a couple problems. My Antitheft&T/C light is on & I have problems starting my car & pulling out the keys. So I'm not sure if the antitheft has anything to do with my Windows now working?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ctsbboy View Post
    Thanks AAIIIC, any help would be greatly appreciated. I was researching & found a couple people having the same problem wich turned out to be caused by an corroded wire under the backseat carpet. But since the lock button still lights up when I press it & turns off when I press again I'm thinking its not that because the switch seems to still be getting power to the switch because the lock can light up. But idk this is my 1st CTS & it has a couple problems. My Antitheft&T/C light is on & I have problems starting my car & pulling out the keys. So I'm not sure if the antitheft has anything to do with my Windows now working?
    Hello ctsbboy,

I see another forum member is trying to help resolve your current concern. My colleague reached out to you already, but do not hesitate to contact us via private message to further discuss your concerns. Include your contact information, VIN and current mileage in the message. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

In addition to whatever fuses there may be for the power windows, there are also a couple of circuit breakers. They're located in the rear fuse panel, which is under the rear seat cushion. (Just pull up on the front of the cushion, and then pull out and up - the cushion will come right out). According to the FSM, all of the individual door power window circuits tie together and are fed power by the DR MOD PWR (driver module power) circuit breaker. So, it's possible that tripped and that's why you're not getting power to the windows.

If that's the case, you can probably reset the C/B once. If it trips again, though, you'll want to figure out why that C/B tripped.

Thank you so much for your help AIIIC. Ok ill try that,but how do I reset a circuit breaker in a car jukebox? Do I have to literally take the breaker apart & do it manually?

----------

I meant car "fusebox" smh dam autocorrect

Honestly, I don't know. I've never opened up that rear fuse box, so I don't even know what the circuit breakers look like.

Oh ok lol well thanks AAIIIC. I was wondering if my BCM is causing the problem? I was tryn to research my electrical problems & was thinking maybe I need to buy a new BCM. This is why I think this.. the day the problems started was when I drove 4hr out of town. Now at the time my A/C drain plug had clogged causing water to pour out onto the floor (a good amount like a puddle in front floor & under passenger seat) ok so after I get home from the trip the next morning I wake up & none of my windows roll down, my antitheft&t/c light are on & my car begins to have starting problems & it wouldn't let me take my key out. It took me about 2&1/2 hrs to track where the water was coming in from & it so happen to be right above the BCM. So I know for a fact that it was getting wet. So I'm wondering if maybe that is the cause of all my problems from Windows to Antitheft&TC malfunction?

That certainly sounds like a reasonable train of thought. With that in mind, I would suggest sucking it up and spending the diagnostic fee at your local dealer, as they should be able to confirm that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.