Coolant leak mysteriously stops?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Coolant leak mysteriously stops? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; ...
    feinspa is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Coolant leak mysteriously stops?

Was lifting the front pass side of the car to swap rotors and I noticed coolant leaking form under the car. My car has never leaked before. It leaked for maybe 10 minutes than stopped. I started the car back up and I slipped under with a light and it appears to be coming from above the water pump area but itís so tough to see in there; itís hard to be sure.

Anyways, I dropped the car and pulled it back out of the driveway and onto the street and the coolant just stopped leaking. I drove around for 10 minutes with the AC on to get it good and hot and nothing. WTF?

Has anyone ever heard of or seen this before? Could lifting up one side of the car stress something enough to make it leak? I think not. Iíd imagine it would leak all the time. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 07' CTS 3.6L Lux \ V-Sways \StrutBrace\ R1 \ Volant\ Borla

Re: Coolant leak mysteriously stops?

I had a similar issue coolant was leaking slowly but not sure from where. So when I replaced my radiator (to prevent trans lines issues) I replaced the radiator, hoses, water pump, water pump gasket and belts. When I took a look at the gasket it was pretty worn out at 82k miles. Of course coolant loss went away after that. My hunch is if you have high mileage on your pump and gasket is to start there, it's either this or that.

arogers260 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury/Sport package
    Oil cooler cover is another common place to leak coolant from when the silicone seal fails. But from where your describing your leak its pry not your culprit.

Leects07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts sport/luxury pkg

Re: Coolant leak mysteriously stops?

Had a drip under my water pump leaked just a bit and when it was warmer outside leaked a little more ..
    I removed everything to get to it and check it out to find the water pump bolts were loose not falling out loose but I snugged them up a bit more stopped my leak

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.