05 CTS 3.6L exhaust - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 05 CTS 3.6L exhaust in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; SdMarineGuy, Thanks, let me know when it gets pu on. Are you going through a dealor to have it installed? ...
    John&Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

Re: 05 CTS 3.6L exhaust

SdMarineGuy,

Thanks, let me know when it gets pu on. Are you going through a dealor to have it installed? MKB qouted me 1195 installed, good price?

SdMarineGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I paid $938 Shipped and I got quoted $75 for installation so I am saving around $200 from your price.

Finesse is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I had the opportunity to meet Jim Browning, President of Corsa. He is a great car guy, who has owned a CTS and now a CTS-V, as his personal cars. He installed a Corsa system at his factory on my 04 CTS, and I couldn"t be more pleased. It sounds great, deeper and throaty. Power is stronger, but unless you get on the throttle hard, it isn't a lot louder. Different people like different systems, but for me, the Corsa setup is great.

Caderac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Finesse
    I had the opportunity to meet Jim Browning, President of Corsa. He is a great car guy, who has owned a CTS and now a CTS-V, as his personal cars. He installed a Corsa system at his factory on my 04 CTS, and I couldn"t be more pleased. It sounds great, deeper and throaty. Power is stronger, but unless you get on the throttle hard, it isn't a lot louder. Different people like different systems, but for me, the Corsa setup is great.
    Finesse: Does Corsa routinely install their exhaust systems there at their factory . . . or was the installation to your car the exception, done as a favor?

Finesse is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Good question, I guess I really don't know the answer, I met Jim Browning and after we talked about the CTS and my thoughts about putting the Exhaust system on mine, he invited me to stop by their Berea OH facility and have it put on there. It was a fun day as Jim took me over to Chuck Mallet's shop, about a mile away, and we looked at the mods that Mallet was doing while my car was getting the exhaust installed. My suggestion is to call Corsa and ask if they will do the install for you, assuming you are in the Cleveland OH area.

Quote Originally Posted by Finesse
    Good question, I guess I really don't know the answer, I met Jim Browning and after we talked about the CTS and my thoughts about putting the Exhaust system on mine, he invited me to stop by their Berea OH facility and have it put on there. It was a fun day as Jim took me over to Chuck Mallet's shop, about a mile away, and we looked at the mods that Mallet was doing while my car was getting the exhaust installed. My suggestion is to call Corsa and ask if they will do the install for you, assuming you are in the Cleveland OH area.
    Thanks for getting back to me with the info! I believe I'll go with your recommendation and contact them.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Quote Originally Posted by MLV
    I had the exhaust system from my CTS-V installed on my wife's 3.6L CTS. Looks great, sounds good, and seems to have a bit more power. I think that it is a good compromise between the stock CTS system and the Corsa. As Robert said, it still sounds like a Cadillac but with a gentle rumble.The CTS-V has 2 1/2" pipes vs 2" on the CTS. If interested, you might check the CTS-V forum to see if anyone would sell their exhaust system cheap. I don't know what it would cost from GM. The installation cost me $60.
    MLV, You have me interested. Did you hook up at the stock Cats with the CTS-V exhaust? Did they have to do much fabrication or make new hangers?

MLV
    MLV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, Maggied '05 CTS-V, '07 STS-V

You picked up the hook up info on another thread. The only fabrication was the adapter to fit the 2 1/2" pipes to the 2" pipes.

Given any thought to using the CTS-V exhaust? Several on the market cheap($100+). The pipes are 2 1/2 " vs 2". At least one member has done the conversion. A muffler shop charged him $60 to install. The whole system for about $200. I think this is the way I'll go. Some added performance and still have a Caddy approved sound. You get free chrome tips too.
    Here's a couple of pics of the CTS-V exhaust. It's one piece.

Question Re: 05 CTS 3.6L exhaust

I had the exhaust system from my CTS-V installed on my wife's 3.6L CTS. Looks great, sounds good, and seems to have a bit more power. I think that it is a good compromise between the stock CTS system and the Corsa. As Robert said, it still sounds like a Cadillac but with a gentle rumble.The CTS-V has 2 1/2" pipes vs 2" on the CTS. If interested, you might check the CTS-V forum to see if anyone would sell their exhaust system cheap. I don't know what it would cost from GM. The installation cost me $60.
    MLV: Was there sufficient clearance at the rear bumper cutouts or was it necessary to enlarge the radius for the CTS-V tips to clear?

I haven't noticed any of the V guys trying to sell their exhaust systems, but many of them have changed them for Corsa, B&B, etc. Why not go to the CTS-V forum and ask? The only risk is a few flame throwers who think V parts should stay on Vs. You can also check with GM to see what a new system would cost.
    I went to the CTS-V Forum and said I was looking for an OEM CTS-V exhaust.
    I had about a half dozen hits with prices from $100 to $400. MLV said his labor was $60. I found a system 30 miles from my home. I think I can come in under $200 total! Combined with my TonyA intake the CTS should move out nicely and with some manners

MLV

They fit perfectly.

MLV

Previous reply was to Caderac. No need to change cutouts; the tips fit perfectly in the openings.

Previous reply was to Caderac. No need to change cutouts; the tips fit perfectly in the openings.
    MLV,
    You're our 1st to do this so lots of questions Is the side view of the mufflers about the same as the 3.6 mufflers?

MLV,

Was there any special fabrication of hangers or mounts required? I plan to pick my CTS-V exhaust next week and I'd like to know as much as possible when I discuss the installation with the Custom Muffler shop. I'd like to assure them that it's pretty easy install. I printed some pics from the FAQ section to use.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.