05 CTS 3.6L exhaust - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 05 CTS 3.6L exhaust in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by SdMarineGuy I went to Nabers Cadillac to install the Volant and the Magnaflow exhaust today. Well what ...
    RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: 05 CTS 3.6L exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by SdMarineGuy
    I went to Nabers Cadillac to install the Volant and the Magnaflow exhaust today. Well what they do is Charge you the $550 and take it to Mesa Mufflers down the street from the dealer and have them do it. Before they installed it I went to the muffler shop where Sal took my car and asked the installers what size pipe they would use and I was shocked to hear that all they WERE going to do is replace the mufflers and put tips leaving the stock 2" pipe. I kinda knew it was took good to be true to get a magnaflow catback system $550 so I didnt get the work done I will get a Corsa exhaust and pay the extra $500 or hopefully Borla will make a Catback system for the 3.6L because I dont think they have one now. These are the mufflers Nabers Cadillac uses model #11225
    http://shop.ivalueinternet.com/bigex...ct_id/1318.htm
    and puts no name brand tips Mufflers are $59.92 each and tip they use are no brand tips so basically Nabers is pocketing around $300 to drive your car 4 blocks down the road to Mesa Mufflers. The guy at mesa mufflers said he charges around $50 for labor.
    Have you checked the B&B exhaust? They make one for the 3.6. The website also has a sound bite!
    http://www.bbexhaust.com/New/auto-fl...?page=cts.html

SdMarineGuy is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    Have you checked the B&B exhaust? They make one for the 3.6. The website also has a sound bite!
    http://www.bbexhaust.com/New/auto-fl...?page=cts.html
    From what I have read all customers with a B&B where very dissatisfied with it and I havent read any forum users give good comments about the B&B everyone puts them down.

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I went to Nabers Cadillac to install the Volant and the Magnaflow exhaust today. Well what they do is Charge you the $550 and take it to Mesa Mufflers down the street from the dealer and have them do it. Before they installed it I went to the muffler shop where Sal took my car and asked the installers what size pipe they would use and I was shocked to hear that all they WERE going to do is replace the mufflers and put tips leaving the stock 2" pipe. I kinda knew it was took good to be true to get a magnaflow catback system $550 so I didnt get the work done I will get a Corsa exhaust and pay the extra $500 or hopefully Borla will make a Catback system for the 3.6L because I dont think they have one now. These are the mufflers Nabers Cadillac uses model #11225

http://shop.ivalueinternet.com/bigex...ct_id/1318.htm

and puts no name brand tips Mufflers are $59.92 each and tip they use are no brand tips so basically Nabers is pocketing around $300 to drive your car 4 blocks down the road to Mesa Mufflers. The guy at mesa mufflers said he charges around $50 for labor.
    So SDMarine, basically you're gonna pay an extra $500 for .5 inches....If you get the Corsa, (or B&B) for that matter and your Volant, let's meet on the track one day...see if that extra $500 was worth it....Just kidding...The CTS stock pipes are pretty good but if you prefer the bolt-on over priced Corsa, go ahead...I think the Magnaflow does a pretty decent job....(Damn, now I sound like Robert talking about Volant and TonyA )

4. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

TalkingRe: 05 CTS 3.6L exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnesq
    So SDMarine, basically you're gonna pay an extra $500 for .5 inches....If you get the Corsa, (or B&B) for that matter and your Volant, let's meet on the track one day...see if that extra $500 was worth it....Just kidding...The CTS stock pipes are pretty good but if you prefer the bolt-on over priced Corsa, go ahead...I think the Magnaflow does a pretty decent job....(Damn, now I sound like Robert talking about Volant and TonyA )
    Sure lets race for slips Well the whole reason to get a catback exhaust is to increase that 1/2" in your exhaust so your engine can breathe better no to change out your mufflers. Especially if you have the Intake done. Yours Volant is pushing Air In a lot more than your stock intake but then your making that poor air go through 2 inches instead of 2.5". No matter what some guys say "SIZE DOES MATTER"

So Are we racing for titles?

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

So Are we racing for titles?
    LOL

Here's a thought for some to consider. One of our members has done this with good results. He found a scrapped CTS-V exhaust system. Only slight adjustment were needed for the catback system. The pipes and mufflers are much larger. If your looking for performance but don't want the Caddy sounding like a racer, this could be another option. You should be able to find this thread in the search feature.

MLV
    MLV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, Maggied '05 CTS-V, '07 STS-V

I had the exhaust system from my CTS-V installed on my wife's 3.6L CTS. Looks great, sounds good, and seems to have a bit more power. I think that it is a good compromise between the stock CTS system and the Corsa. As Robert said, it still sounds like a Cadillac but with a gentle rumble.The CTS-V has 2 1/2" pipes vs 2" on the CTS. If interested, you might check the CTS-V forum to see if anyone would sell their exhaust system cheap. I don't know what it would cost from GM. The installation cost me $60.

Quote Originally Posted by MLV
    I had the exhaust system from my CTS-V installed on my wife's 3.6L CTS. Looks great, sounds good, and seems to have a bit more power. I think that it is a good compromise between the stock CTS system and the Corsa. As Robert said, it still sounds like a Cadillac but with a gentle rumble.The CTS-V has 2 1/2" pipes vs 2" on the CTS. If interested, you might check the CTS-V forum to see if anyone would sell their exhaust system cheap. I don't know what it would cost from GM. The installation cost me $60.
    So there was a slight change in the sound?

MLV

Robert, there is a subtle difference in the sound, not as loud as the Corsa. Inside the car it is quiet; outside it definitely sounds better, the way a very nice V6 should.

05CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 & 2008 CTS

Robert, there is a subtle difference in the sound, not as loud as the Corsa. Inside the car it is quiet; outside it definitely sounds better, the way a very nice V6 should.
    Cool. Is there a for sale section?

MLV

I haven't noticed any of the V guys trying to sell their exhaust systems, but many of them have changed them for Corsa, B&B, etc. Why not go to the CTS-V forum and ask? The only risk is a few flame throwers who think V parts should stay on Vs. You can also check with GM to see what a new system would cost.

Good info to hear! Do the V mufflers look like the funky wrinkled OEMs on my 3.6?

MLV

They look the same. The cadillacfaq has pictures of the underside of the CTS-V. The part numbers are different, however.

John&Sandy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS

SdMarineGuy,
    Firstly, nice ride. I got a couple questions,
    Did you put on the Corsa exhaust yet? Would like to know how it sounds or hear a sound bytesince I am considering installing Corsa through dealor here in San Diego.
    I see on your web page you went to bigger tires, how did that effect the ride and handling?
    Stationed in SD? I am at North Island, Navy going on 26 yrs.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by John&Sandy
    SdMarineGuy,
    Firstly, nice ride. I got a couple questions,
    Did you put on the Corsa exhaust yet? Would like to know how it sounds or hear a sound bytesince I am considering installing Corsa through dealor here in San Diego.
    I see on your web page you went to bigger tires, how did that effect the ride and handling?
    Stationed in SD? I am at North Island, Navy going on 26 yrs.
    Thanks
    I have the Corsa exhaust on order from GMParts Direct. As soon as I get it in and installed you can come listen to it since you are soo close. I think putting on the 20 inch tires gave me better handling on turns since the tire is wider so it grips the road better. I am stationed in Miramar in the Marines.

17. Remove Advertisements
    Cadillac Forums
    Advertisements

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

What Cadillac(s) do you own? (Or type NONE)

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.