Started drove 10 feet totally shut down DEI remote starter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Started drove 10 feet totally shut down DEI remote starter in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Started 2007 cts with remote start got in after bout 10 minutes of it running backed out of the drive ...
    jdmccauslin13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 white diamond cts

Started drove 10 feet totally shut down DEI remote starter

Started 2007 cts with remote start got in after bout 10 minutes of it running backed out of the drive put it n forward went 10 feet then car totally stopped... Smelled like the starter was burning tried starting with key just clicks u hear the starter engage but seems to me it stays engaged... Running 12.8 volts... Pulled aftermarket starter fuse then tried starting still same thing also pulled starter relay & put it back n same thing... Car still under warranty... Just wondering if the issue is common with a DEI remote starter

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: Started drove 10 feet totally shut down DEI remote starter

Let the car sit over nite ... Went back 2 try & restart brought along obd2 scanner no codes popped up finally after a couple hours of tickering & removing the DEI alarm & remote start got motor 2 turn over & 2 my surprise a HHOOORRRRIIIIIDDDD knock was going on ended up figuring out that it threw a rod & the piston was lodged... 90032 miles... Just bought car on 9/14/2013 but all is good due 2 the fact that it was a certified car which has a 60 day/2000 mile warranty but on top of that bought the 60 month/100000 mile warranty so... NEW MOTOR = NEW LIFE in the cts ... **** YEAH

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Lucky you that it happened so early.

Now when you drive the car home with the new motor. Be sure to check the oil level the next day. Take a picture of where it sits on the dip stick, mark the dip stick. So that you KNOW where 6 qts of oil sits on the dip stick. Then check it every couple of weeks to start off with. Then every 4 weeks as you get more comfortable to see how much oil the engine consumes. Granted, it may not consume oil at all. Specially in the beginning.

Above all, keep an eye on the oil level.

KOT

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jdmccauslin13 View Post
    Let the car sit over nite ... Went back 2 try & restart brought along obd2 scanner no codes popped up finally after a couple hours of tickering & removing the DEI alarm & remote start got motor 2 turn over & 2 my surprise a HHOOORRRRIIIIIDDDD knock was going on ended up figuring out that it threw a rod & the piston was lodged... 90032 miles... Just bought car on 9/14/2013 but all is good due 2 the fact that it was a certified car which has a 60 day/2000 mile warranty but on top of that bought the 60 month/100000 mile warranty so... NEW MOTOR = NEW LIFE in the cts ... **** YEAH
    Hello jdmccauslin13,

I am sorry you are experiencing an issue so soon after purchase. Let us know how the repair goes. If there are any additional concerns or questions, we are here to help. Contact us via private message or by email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

So delivered car 2 dealer... Which I had 2 call them repeatedly 2 set up appointment & rental situation... They made me also call the two truck 4 them made all the calls that they should do 4 them.. Little did they know that I'm also in the industrial as a body shop manager so I proceed 2 tell them I will handle it all & give them the bill ie rental car & my towing companies bill then proceeded 2 remind them that my company orders 20-30,000 dollars a month in parts from them & that a family member was 1 of their higher ups.... I was told they would bring me a rental car which was a 45 minute drive & usually it's the 1 u have 2 go back 2 their offices 2 finish paper work but they were making 1 of their people follow up so I didn't have 2 go newhere... As 4 today I never received a call stating what was going on even though I was insured it would b looked @ starting @ 8am this morning called a few times no calls back or no answers so waited till 3:45 called again finally talk 2 service manager he informed me that they were performing a engine flush... WTF ... Was my reaction... This isn't a simple rocker tick this is a rod & piston separation holy hell there's a crack n the block dwamn bout 2 shoot a rod through the side kinda noise... & was also told that if that didn't help they were removing the intake 2 c... Sounds 2 me like they never even started the car cause the noise it was making wasn't from the head it was from the crank... Basically I'm getting the run a round it seems... As being a professional in the collision side of cars I'm not the most proficient engine guy but I do know a thing or 2 & it seems 2 me that their tech is either a huge money grubber collecting flat rate time or their trying 2 cover up a issue... News flash: I marked the motor n a certain couple spots that only I know there's a marking so I'll truly find out when I get the car back as 2 what really went on plus making a surprise visit 2morrow with a master tech

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

I really hope that you took pictures of those markings that you made on the engine.

If not, then take them tomorrow when you go.

KOT

So delivered car 2 dealer... Which I had 2 call them repeatedly 2 set up appointment & rental situation... They made me also call the two truck 4 them made all the calls that they should do 4 them.. Little did they know that I'm also in the industrial as a body shop manager so I proceed 2 tell them I will handle it all & give them the bill ie rental car & my towing companies bill then proceeded 2 remind them that my company orders 20-30,000 dollars a month in parts from them & that a family member was 1 of their higher ups.... I was told they would bring me a rental car which was a 45 minute drive & usually it's the 1 u have 2 go back 2 their offices 2 finish paper work but they were making 1 of their people follow up so I didn't have 2 go newhere... As 4 today I never received a call stating what was going on even though I was insured it would b looked @ starting @ 8am this morning called a few times no calls back or no answers so waited till 3:45 called again finally talk 2 service manager he informed me that they were performing a engine flush... WTF ... Was my reaction... This isn't a simple rocker tick this is a rod & piston separation holy hell there's a crack n the block dwamn bout 2 shoot a rod through the side kinda noise... & was also told that if that didn't help they were removing the intake 2 c... Sounds 2 me like they never even started the car cause the noise it was making wasn't from the head it was from the crank... Basically I'm getting the run a round it seems... As being a professional in the collision side of cars I'm not the most proficient engine guy but I do know a thing or 2 & it seems 2 me that their tech is either a huge money grubber collecting flat rate time or their trying 2 cover up a issue... News flash: I marked the motor n a certain couple spots that only I know there's a marking so I'll truly find out when I get the car back as 2 what really went on plus making a surprise visit 2morrow with a master tech
    Hello jdmccauslin13,

I have received and responded to your private message, please let me know if you did not receive it. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Kot...most definitely got pics ....Gregory.... I did receive the pm & am going 2 respond to it n just a few minutes... This is why I njoy this forum & these cars it's a way 2 get voices heard

----------

Gregory just sent u a pm let me know if u got it

Kot...most definitely got pics ....Gregory.... I did receive the pm & am going 2 respond to it n just a few minutes... This is why I njoy this forum & these cars it's a way 2 get voices heard

----------

Gregory just sent u a pm let me know if u got it
    Hello jdmccauslin13,

I did receive your private messages. Thank you very much for providing that information. I will be calling the dealership and doing some additional research when I get back into the office at 3PM EST tomorrow. Please private message me on how your visit goes tomorrow if it is before I will be getting back in the office. I will follow up with you after I speak with the dealership via private message. Thank you very much for taking the time to respond to my message.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Dealership finally did what I said should have been done & looked @ the lower end of the motor & saw that it have lost a crank keyway... So after 4 days they finally got something right even though I had 2 once again call them... So NEW MOTOR 4 me

Dealership finally did what I said should have been done & looked @ the lower end of the motor & saw that it have lost a crank keyway... So after 4 days they finally got something right even though I had 2 once again call them... So NEW MOTOR 4 me
    Hello jdmccauslin13,

Thank you very much for keeping us updated. I am glad to hear that you will be getting a new motor in your CTS! Be sure to let us know how the repair is and how the vehicle is running after you have the repair done. Thank you very much for your time and we will be looking for your future updates.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.