dead battery after a short weekend away
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, dead battery after a short weekend away in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; After 4 day so not moving the car, I returned to notice the battery completely dead. The Cadillac service rep. ...
    CTSnano is offline Cadillac Owners Member

dead battery after a short weekend away

After 4 day so not moving the car, I returned to notice the battery completely dead. The Cadillac service rep. came to the rescue to perform a diagnostic test to no avail and simply ended up giving me a new battery. I was also informed by this rep. that this was about the 4th time this week that something like that happened.
    Another tid bit of information that I was giving was that the driver side window may end up having a problem because of the wiring harness from the main frame to the door being worn after some time. I checked and my automatic/express up option for the driver side window does not work anymore. Is this a coincidence?
    I have had my 2003 Sports Luxury CTS for 16 months now.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

BUILDINGCTSAMG is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: dead battery after a short weekend away

hmm i have heard about some of these problems...its pretty horrible and weird, especially cause i just flew to dc and my car will be sitting for 4 days.........new battery here i come

catbert is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: dead battery after a short weekend away

Quote Originally Posted by BUILDINGCTSAMG
    hmm i have heard about some of these problems...its pretty horrible and weird, especially cause i just flew to dc and my car will be sitting for 4 days.........new battery here i come

A new battery isn't the answer. You have to isolate the problem. I had a minor short in my 98 Vette that I couldn't find, and neither could the dealer. Long story short, an Optima went flat as fast as the Delco before I found the short.

Ralph is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Cadillac
    I had the problem with the power door locks on my loaded Grand Marquis. The wires from the main that go into the door for the windows, p. mirror, locks, etc. can crack inside from the door opening and closing, etc. The think I found is that Ford left no slack in the play of those wires you can see with the door open! Therefore I think they flexed too much, along with cold winters, and SNAP. My dad and I cut into the insulation, found the wire, and spliced in a connector with a lot more slack. It was not fun. The dealer told me they have a problem with the new Town Cars as well.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.