I have no idea what to do ..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By holsgo
  • 1 Post By AAIIIC
  • 1 Post By CTSUK
  • 1 Post By dkozloski
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, I have no idea what to do .. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello guys, i am new to this forum and in the past 2 years i payed more than 10000$ on ...
    Mshoudaifah is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 03 " 3.2L "

Unhappy I have no idea what to do ..

Hello guys, i am new to this forum and in the past 2 years i payed more than 10000$ on it, i had my cts for 10 years now, and i am the first driver on it, its on 150.000 miles now, i have cts 2003 3.2L

2 years ago i had a coolant leak in it, which made the car go overheat and a message showed " A/C off engine HOT ! "
    I switched it off and i took it to a garage, and btw i live in UAE, Dubai , and no one drive such car hear because of high price of the parts, anyways the dude that fixed it told me that there is a crack in cooler under the engine " something like a box and water comes in , i think its related to the oil, and after that he did something that made the computer of the car fries, i bought one and everything is fine.

now when i drive it it is really damn slow with engine power reduced popping up everyday, and i get hard shifts from the gear.

and those are the codes i have right now :

P2175, P2500, P0161, P0057, P0056, P0158, P0154, P2008, P0318

they told me to change the throttle body which will cost me more than 1000$

all i need is to get the normal power of the engine , and get rid of the engine power reduced forever. (it take me from 0 to 60 more than 12 seconds now) ..

excuse my English .. hope someone can help me out .

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

holsgo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts

Re: I have no idea what to do ..

Here is a link to go over your codes. Judging from what you say happened, like a massive overheat, you no doubt ruined some parts. Many of your codes are o2 sensor codes. My first guess would be to replace all of them. That's sensors before and at the catalytic. If you overheated, it makes sense that you overheated these sensors, especially if the cat ran even close to too hot. Heck, some catalytics will even glow if too hot. The 2500 code looks to be an alternator code, or at least that's a fix another poster did for the code. The rest...you need to run the list through the link. My first guess is all 02 replacement but I didn't run all your codes. Start with the simplest things.
    http://engine-codes.com/search_codes...P0057+cadillac

first i had the battery light on, i changed the alternator, no more rough idle like before, but i still have the O2 sensor code , i asked someone about it and he told me it will suck up more petrol without effecting anything else, but i will change it anyways. i cleaned the throttle body today, but still the car is really slow. and thanks for the reply

I think you may be getting some bad advice. If you don't have good pre Cat o2 sensors, your mass airflow is getting a bad message. Based on that message it sends fuel into your intake either too much or too little. The key here is to establish a baseline. Change the air filter, fuel filter and o2 sensors. Crazy as it sounds these are simple to do but are the tip of many issues that lead to even more codes. Clear codes and then see if you get a repeat and what code it is. With a long list like that you need to start somewhere.
    Argent1 likes this.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

From the link that holsgo posted:
    P0056 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Bank 2 Sensor 2
    P0057 - HO2S Heater Control Circuit Low Bank 2 Sensor 2
    P0154 - H02S Circuit Insufficient Activity Bank 2 Sensor 1
    P0158 - H02S Circuit High Voltage Bank 2 Sensor 2
    P0161 - HO2S Heater Performance Bank 2 Sensor 2
    P0318 - Rough Road Sensor 'A' Signal Circuit [I have no idea what that one means]
    P2008 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit/Open Bank 1
    P2175 - Throttle Actuator Control System - Low Air Flow Detected [probably why you were told you need a new throttle body]
    P2500 - Generator Lamp/L-Terminal Circuit Low [that may have been the alternator]

Did you reset the ECU when you replaced the alternator? Disconnect the battery, press the brake pedal just to be sure residual voltage is discharged, then reconnect the battery.

I agree with holsgo - whoever told you that the O2 sensors would only affect fuel mileage and nothing else gave you horrible, horrible advice. Healthy O2 sensors are absolutely critical to the engine running properly! Based on the codes, I would say all of yours should be replaced. With that said, there have been people on this forum who have had multiple O2 sensor codes and it turned out to be the ECU itself was bad.

Check www.rockauto.com for parts. I have no idea how expensive it would be to have them ship to Dubai, but their parts prices are very good. As an example, an ACDelco throttle body for your car is $263 - even with shipping from the US to Dubai, I'm sure you'll come out a lot less than $1000!
    Argent1 likes this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

thanks guys, i did change the throttle body yesterday, i've noticed smooth idle and better gear changing, but still the car is very slow. i will change the filters now, about the O2 sensor, the dealership told me there are 4 o2 sensors and they cost more than 800$, and i have no idea which one is broken.

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

it all points to bank 2 on the 02 sensors id replace all sensors on that bank
    Mshoudaifah likes this.

i had this one checked out, one of the screws is damaged and it makes an ugly sound " like a truck" from there , and the wire of the sensor is also damaged, i will fix all of it, but does it effect the performance of the car ?

dkozloski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2006 STS V8 AWD, '95 Ford Ranger

Yes.
    Mshoudaifah likes this.
    Don't mess with Binky Bear!

Alright thanks, i will fix it tomorrow and tell you what happens

Oxygen sensors and the MAF are the modern day carburetor. they certainly affect performance. Oxygen sensor issues also are cumulative, meaning not addressing it, causes almost a spiral of issues as the MAF gets bad signals, compensates with fuel and then fouling plugs, these then can cause misfires and coil issues. I'm generalizing but I have also seen this very cascade of issues in the real world.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

^^^ Very true.

Quote Originally Posted by Mshoudaifah View Post
    Alright thanks, i will fix it tomorrow and tell you what happens
    Make sure you disconnect the battery while you're replacing the sensors. That way you'll clear the CEL and reset all the fuel trims, thereby hopefully restoring performance to normal.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.