Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

Thread: No Stat After Refueling - Need EVAP System Clarification

Dr.LOLenstien is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None, thankfully

No Stat After Refueling - Need EVAP System Clarification

Afternoon, gentlemen.

The car in question is an 05 CTS 3.6L V6, the complaint is that the vehicle refuses to start after refueling. Car has P0456 / P0451 trouble codes if my memory serves me correctly.

When looking for online instructions and parts I saw that there are both a evap control solenoid and a canister vent valve. I suspect the canister vent valve to be attached to the canister itself, which I believe to be located right atop the rear differential. The purge solenoid I believe to be located on the passenger side rear of the engine. Can anyone confirm that I am indeed correct?

I was able to find the following PDF, describing how to R&R the solenoid valve: http://ww2.justanswer.com/uploads/TR...174417_223.pdf

However, I was unable to find anything to do with the canister vent valve. Anyone have additional information? I suspect it's held in there by a single bolt and an o-ring, but I just want to make sure.

Also, if anyone knows specifically which part is at fault, I would rather not replace both unnecessarily unless I have to. I suspect CP480 more than the 15788844 (canister vent valve).

Any and all information is appreciated, thanks.

Just to clarify, are these two the correct parts? (Part #15788844 and CP480)

2768-06015687-1015542.jpg
    CP480.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    A majority of these no starts after refuel is the purge value solenoid located on top of the passenger side engine.

$30 to $50 at the dealer for the part. 10 minute job for a DIY. One bolt, two tubes and one electrical connection.

KOT

Re: No Stat After Refueling - Need EVAP System Clarification

Much appreciated.

Any info on the rest of my questions?

TF Eftusk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS 3.6l

Hi, this is my first post. I just bought a used 05 CTS with various issues. I too have the purge valve code in my computer and it wont start after refueling. I have not replaced the part yet.

No idea about a canister vent valve. I will repost after I replace the purge valve and see if it starts better after refueling.