transmission cooler lines and cadillac dealer
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Cadillac Cust Svc
  • 1 Post By ghettomike
  • 1 Post By amunderdog
  • 1 Post By DopeEffect
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, transmission cooler lines and cadillac dealer in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; hi all I have a problem with my cts 07 transmission lines broken, take the car to the dealer and ...
    jair22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cadillac cts v6

Question transmission cooler lines and cadillac dealer

hi all I have a problem with my cts 07 transmission lines broken, take the car to the dealer and they told me they had to change the transmission cooler lines with a cost of $ 480.00 plus the transmission oil change $ 140.00 and your car will be ready tomorrow no calls that day (monday),I call wednesday they told me that the parts did not arrive yet, 8 days later counting the weekend i call again and say they already have the parts and the car will be ready in a few hours no calls that day, i call next day and they toldme that they had problems removing the old lines and something happened with the connection of the radiator and the lines and they have to change the radiator also with this they charge me $ 1585.00 plus tax, there anything I can do? my radiator was in perfect condition they say they had much sealant on the connections and therefore broke. any idea that can make

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

krusty_tc is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Luxury Sport

Re: transmission cooler lines and cadillac dealer

What was wrong with the transmission cooler lines? I suspect that when they went to change the cooler lines, the problematic issue with the connection at the radiator is why they ordered a new radiator. I wonder if your cooler lines were fine and the problem all along was with the connection at the radiator.

Dave

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by jair22 View Post
    hi all I have a problem with my cts 07 transmission lines broken, take the car to the dealer and they told me they had to change the transmission cooler lines with a cost of $ 480.00 plus the transmission oil change $ 140.00 and your car will be ready tomorrow no calls that day (monday),I call wednesday they told me that the parts did not arrive yet, 8 days later counting the weekend i call again and say they already have the parts and the car will be ready in a few hours no calls that day, i call next day and they toldme that they had problems removing the old lines and something happened with the connection of the radiator and the lines and they have to change the radiator also with this they charge me $ 1585.00 plus tax, there anything I can do? my radiator was in perfect condition they say they had much sealant on the connections and therefore broke. any idea that can make
    Hello jair22,

I apologize that your CTS was experiencing issues with the radiator and that your dealership did not keep you up to date with the repairs. I would be more than happy to look into this situation for you if you could private message me your name, contact info, VIN, mileage, and dealership you are working with. Thank you very much for your time. I look forward to hearing from you.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    scooter05 likes this.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

basically, the tech broke the rad when he tried to disconnect the transmission lines from the rad.
    only reason he would have had to disconnect the lines is to change them or to change the fluid.

why did they want to change the lines?

btw - the rad and transmission line fittings are a MAJOR issue on the 03-07 CTS, its well known that they actually blow off, shoot oil all over the place and you have a 50-50 shot of blowing the transmission.

this is one of those things that should have been under a safety recall since the fluid could spray on your wheels and brakes giving reduced braking distance and potential loss of traction.
    also, there is a environmental concern when all this fluid is just poured out onto the roads.
    Argent1 likes this.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

They broke it they fix it.
    I would try my best to not give them a dime past what you authorized to have repaired.
    Argent1 likes this.

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2

I agree with amunderdog. if something is broken during a repair, its the dealers fault. dealer damaged the lip on the front fascia of my mx-5. part was custom from japan. when they called me i told them they had to fix it because they broke it. asked for email and linked the dealer to the product page. told them if they didn't replace what they broke, they'd be hearing from my lawyer. got a call 2 weeks later telling me the part had come in the following day and to stop by around 5. dealer had a representative come out and give me the key personally and thank me for being patient with the dealership. i did nothing wrong and hate to say it but if I drop my car off at your shop and you break something while the car is under your care, you're ****ing paying for it whether you want to or not.
    Argent1 likes this.

ghettomike is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra

Quote Originally Posted by jair22 View Post
    hi all I have a problem with my cts 07 transmission lines broken, take the car to the dealer and they told me they had to change the transmission cooler lines with a cost of $ 480.00 plus the transmission oil change $ 140.00 and your car will be ready tomorrow no calls that day (monday),
    so what was the original complaint you had with the car? what was broken on the lines?? the hose or the fitting? or did te dealer or someone else convince you that there was a problem... did you have a leak?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.