2007 cts fuel filter
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By holsgo
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2007 cts fuel filter in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I'm in the process of doing the fuel filter on the cts 3.6. I'm mid way through and documenting it ...
    holsgo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts

2007 cts fuel filter

I'm in the process of doing the fuel filter on the cts 3.6. I'm mid way through and documenting it so here are the first set of pics. I did make a tool for the quick disconnect shown below.
    This tool is for the quick disconnect. One side grabs the female fitting and the other pushes the male, plastic tool, into the female. Then pull apart. I know this isn't a fabrication forum but what the heck. The stuff was right out of my junk bin. I'll show it in use after the rest of the pics are posted. You can buy a similar from Lisle. Quick disconnect pliers they are called.
    P5120234.JPG
    P5120235.JPG
    P5120237.JPG
    The fuse to pull is located under the rear passenger seat. Pull the 20 amp fuse shown at the tip of the pencil. Then start the car. It will shortly die. The fuel pressure is released. When you start back up after the job, key on for 20 seconds or so to build pressure.
    P5130239.JPG
    CTSM and scooter05 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Re: 2007 cts fuel filter

I can't seem to upload any more photos because of a quota limit...Hmmm.

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2

what are the benefits to this? were you experiencing issue related to the fuel filter and if so what were they. or was this more or less preventative maintenance.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    Quote Originally Posted by DopeEffect View Post
    what are the benefits to this? were you experiencing issue related to the fuel filter and if so what were they. or was this more or less preventative maintenance.
    I did mine about 3k miles ago at 114k. God it was nasty on the inside...black poured out everywhere...thats how you know lol

Totally preventative. I do all filters in advance of the schedule. By definition filters clog. In my experience, once clogged filters cause codes which tend to then lead to other problems. New filters, no problems.

The job is done. Note, the proper disconnect tool for this car is
    http://www.autozone.com/autozone/acc...er=970541_0_0_
    The yellow, 3/8. I now have 5 quick disconnect sets. Each one seems to have a purpose for each car. Some cars have a line with a higher ferrule than others. I played with 2 of my sets to finally realize the ferrule was a few thousands of an inch higher than the disconnect tool on the larger line of the filter. So, a slip on will work on the smaller line and the yellow in the link works for the larger line. Only tighten the threaded connection snug then a slight turn. No need to crank it down as you might cause damage.
    Once off, blowing into the threaded end will allow the debris to come out so you can see just why they should be changed. The fuel was black as I did this and only at 70k miles.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.