~~~~Need wide body suggestions / fender roller?need to snug 20X10s..
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, ~~~~Need wide body suggestions / fender roller?need to snug 20X10s.. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; well just like the title says, got these wheels brand new tires and I'm having trouble with rubbing. Looking to ...
    stanced03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

~~~~Need wide body suggestions / fender roller?need to snug 20X10s..

well just like the title says, got these wheels brand new tires and I'm having trouble with rubbing. Looking to stretch the fenders a little or preferably find a nice wide body kit. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Holy monkey shit batman, a wide body kit. I guarantee you it would be a full custom Jon that in the end will run you in the 10k area. These must be the nicest rims in the world. You should have did your homework to get the right size. Why don't you try getting your fenders rolled for a start. That usually gets the job done. Now I need to know.......what size are these rims and tires you got?

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Re: ~~~~Need wide body suggestions / fender roller?need to snug 20X10s..

Are you trying to run 20x10s all around? 10" wheels up front is going to take some serious work. What is the offset on the wheels, and what tire size are you running?

There are plenty of us running 19x10s and 20x10s in the rear with no issues, just a fender roll.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

245/35/R20 it was the recommended tire size. I really thought about trying to find a better size rims but these were pretty much free so I don't mind putting the work in the car

----------

and I don't know the offset. I'm not very good with wheels so I'm curious to what it is

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Volant, Hotchkis CTS Sway Bars

If im correct, offset is how far the area of the rim that the studs go through sit inside the rim. Higher offset means your rims wont stick out much and will be flush with the fender. Lower offset means your tires will stick out and if you don't have enough clearance, it will rub your fender and not only damage the tire but also your fender. At least I think so. Idk, I could be completely wrong. If I am someone will correct me.

I was more less wondering if somebody had fitted another vehicle type wide body kit and maybe just altered a little bit? I know they make ones for Subaru and s2000 like crazy but haven't found anybody that has tried it.

yes my tires stick out like three quarters of an inch past the fender in front.

Quote Originally Posted by stanced03 View Post
    and I don't know the offset. I'm not very good with wheels so I'm curious to what it is
    Seems like you've done your homework on this. Good luck with the almost free wheels, should look awesome!
    Argent1 likes this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Yea i got the wheels on a trade and they are older so i just havent been able to find the specs on them.

----------

The point is im trying to do my reasearch now?

bwilkins750 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): future srx owner

Roll your fenders and run add some negative camber if you need more clearance. Im running 19x9.5 +22 all around on my slammed 05 acura TL with -2 degrees camber.

Im suggesting this route because of your username.

Yea [I ]got the wheels on a trade and they are older so [I ]just haven[']t been able to find the specs on them.

The point is [I']m trying to do my [research] now?
    There's nothing cast or engraved into the backside of the wheel?

Do you own a tape measure and a straight edge? If so, you can measure the backspacing, which will then allow us to have some idea of the fitment.

agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L, all options except navigation.

well just like the title says, got these wheels brand new tires and I'm having trouble with rubbing. Looking to stretch the fenders a little or preferably find a nice wide body kit. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated. Thanks, Jeff.
    I'm not sure how I feel about a widebody on a CTS. But do post pics here once it's done so I can be sure I don't like it

Just kidding. But please do post pics, I'm curious to see what it will look like.

Internet pic. Mine is silver too. I cant find any credet on it tho.
    Attached Images

agp
    agp is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2007 Cadillac CTS 3.6L, all options except navigation.

You really want it that wide? And if you do get a wide body, I'd look to tack on a V front bumper as well.

Calgary03 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 Cts Sport Luxury
    I think that looks pretty sweet!! Been pondering the idea since my body shop buddy owes me after I reupholstered his mustang seats for him. Would still have to give some cash but not that much. All because I want 12" tires in the back. No reason, just think it'd look cool. MPG's would prob take a dive though

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.