CTS onboard AVG fuel MPG accuracy
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, CTS onboard AVG fuel MPG accuracy in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; 2003 3.2 cts manual... I was curious if the avg mpg displayed on the CTS panel is really accurate. Mine ...
    audioaxes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

CTS onboard AVG fuel MPG accuracy

2003 3.2 cts manual...
    I was curious if the avg mpg displayed on the CTS panel is really accurate. Mine is currently showing 26.5 which is well above the the 21mpg rating. I manually calculated my usage and it came to 21.4 but that was through a ~300 mile sample size.
    thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    It depends when you reset the average mpg. If I reset mine right after a fill up, it is always dead on for mpg. So in my eyes the reader is accurate. I can't gurantee that for all other cts's though.

MoistCabbage is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    The system monitors mileage driven, and the amount of fuel injected into the engine. Unless you're using the wrong size tires, or unmetered fuel is getting into the engine, It's very accurate.

454Casull is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 2.8L 6MT

Re: CTS onboard AVG fuel MPG accuracy

It's pretty close for me. I would say it's +/- 5% based on long-term gas pump and odometer data.

TomV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS 2003

My 2003 always reads about a gal too low on a tankful. Thus my calculated mpg reads about 1 mpg better than actual.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Quote Originally Posted by TomV
    My 2003 always reads about a gal too low on a tankful. Thus my calculated mpg reads about 1 mpg better than actual.
    That could be because of the recall for the earlier CTS. From what I understand the reading of the gas level was adjusted. So if you have 10 gallons and the needle would read read 11 gallons (work with me here) before the recall. Thus it would run out of gas when the needle says you have plenty. After the recall it would show that you have 9 gallons on that 10 gallon of actual gas level.

KOT

unwritten is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS 3.2 5spd manual w/Sport Pkg, 07 Grand Cherokee Diesel

Mine reads higher than manually calculated mileage per tank mpg.. My other vehicle (non-GM) reads lower than manually calculated per tank mpg...

CTSCHICK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0 Rwd Performance Radiant Silver

If you use or live in a state where the 10% Ethanol mix in fuel is mandatory the calculations will be inaccurate also.

Jaxle67 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts
    I do Most of my traveling to work on the interstate . By the dic I average around 22 or 23. If I use my torque app and my tablet it reads more around 20 maybe 21 . Not to far off so I will use the dic as its close enough for me. Luckly insold my work truck which only got 13 to 15m amd purchased a honda pilot that gets around 24 drivingn same route I haven't tried the torque app to get this average just did the old school math method. I will try the app to make sure cause it sounds a alittle high to me. It would be nice if it does get close to that. Jesse

Planktron is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS 5M Luxury/Sport: V rear bumper and V exhaust
    Just wanted to say I finally burned through a tank. Drove 299.7mi on 15.38 gallons. 19.48mpg. DIC read 21.0 mpg, not bad. Fuel used through the DIC was spot on at 15.3 gal. Maybe the Cadi needs a lesson in simple division?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I hooked my tablet and used the torque app on the pilot and it came up with 22.8 mpgs. Any way you slice it both of my cars are way better than the truck I sold and certainly look nicer and ride better.
    Jesse

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2

My car is a little optimistic about my MPG. Then again this was taken 30 miles after a refill and I always reset my MPG every time I fill up. On top of that, this was also the first tank after running seafoam through the previous fill up. By the time I got through all the city traffic and made it to work, it dropped to 26.8. Normally it levels off right around 23.3 - 24.4 depending on how I drive that week.

Did mine again yesterday. Fuel used was dead nuts at 15.0 gallons, but avg mpg was 1.3 high. The car knows exactly how far I've driven and exactly how much gas I used to the tenth, but can't calculate mpg lol. Only averaged 18.6mpg on that tank :-(

You know if I searched I'm sure I could find it but certainly true caddy owners should be able to spit the estimated mpg figures out
    Jesse

Hmm... IIRC 18/26 for my 3.2 manual. 50% of my driving is highway though so my combined should be higher. I don't rag on it...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.