Picked up some 20" Wheels w/pics
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Pete(UK)
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Picked up some 20" Wheels w/pics in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Picked these up off CL really cheap, Chrysler 300 20" take-offs....gonna paint them black (or powder coat), and put on ...
    DeFo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Red face Picked up some 20" Wheels w/pics

Picked these up off CL really cheap, Chrysler 300 20" take-offs....gonna paint them black (or powder coat), and put on a set of 245/30/R20 rubber......searching for caps to replace the Chrysler logos.

Test fit photos:

had to clip out the reflection on that one

I'll more upload photos after paint.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ham4864 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Picked up some 20" Wheels w/pics

nice any clearance problems

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

No shyt?! I came across a set of these a while ago and the guy at the rim shop said they wouldnt fit so i didnt take a second look... Now ill definitely keep my eyes open. I really like those rims. Id get them powder coated gloss black to match the my wifes car though...

Thats funny, i have the same jack. Why did you block your image in the paint?

Quote Originally Posted by ham4864 View Post
    nice any clearance problems
    Not sure yet on all clearances, these tires are too big to drive with (would probably be OK in the rear, but the front would surely rub while turning).....should be fine with 245/30R20's.

The wheel has the same 5x115 bolt pattern, and the bore is a few mm bigger than the CTS hub, the offset is higher than the OEM CTS wheel, as the 300 wheel sticks out further and is much more in-line, with the fender area.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by SHORTSTACK View Post
    No shyt?! I came across a set of these a while ago and the guy at the rim shop said they wouldnt fit so i didnt take a second look... Now ill definitely keep my eyes open. I really like those rims. Id get them powder coated gloss black to match the my wifes car though...

Thats funny, i have the same jack. Why did you block your image in the paint?
    I'll be painting these black.

As for the reflection, the Mrs did not want to be in the photo.

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Good choice. I understand about the wife. Mine would say the same.

Pete(UK) is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS 2007 Sport Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by DeFo View Post

As for the reflection, the Mrs did not want to be in the photo.
    Especialy as she was naked. LOL
    Oefootball_70 likes this.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Those are really sharp looking! I'm interested to see a shot of the whole car once you get them mounted. Personally I think they would look better if you kept them silver - painting them black just makes them disappear, so you lose the effect of having nice looking wheels (IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by DeFo View Post
    The wheel has the same 5x115 bolt pattern, and the bore is a few mm bigger than the CTS hub, the offset is lower than the OEM CTS wheel, as the 300 wheel sticks out further and is much more in-line, with the fender area.
    Higher positive offset would suck the wheels in. Lower positive offset pushes them out. The intarweb says the specs on those wheels is 20x8" +24mm, which means they sit out ~3/4" farther than the 12-spoke 18" wheels that came on the Sport package cars (those are 18x8" +44mm).
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Those are really sharp looking! I'm interested to see a shot of the whole car once you get them mounted. Personally I think they would look better if you kept them silver - painting them black just makes them disappear, so you lose the effect of having nice looking wheels (IMO).

Higher positive offset would suck the wheels in. Lower positive offset pushes them out. The intarweb says the specs on those wheels is 20x8" +24mm, which means they sit out ~3/4" farther than the 12-spoke 18" wheels that came on the Sport package cars (those are 18x8" +44mm).
    You are correct about the offset...it is lower.....also my OEM wheels are 17"

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

I was just using the Sport wheels as an example, since they're also 8" wide and thus you can easily compare the offsets.

I want to find some hub-centric rings, but the tolerance may be too tight.

CTS center bore = 70.3mm

300 center bore = 71.5mm

----------

Just found some!....will order them up, and update everyone later.

UPDATE:

Wheels are on....finishing up the Caddy center caps tonight...will post more soon.

HtownV04 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

Did you still use 245/30 size tire? Any suspension mods?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.