Read differential bushing
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Read differential bushing in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have to replace my rear differential bushing and want to know which one to get. The Revshift one or ...
    ham4864 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Rear differential bushing

I have to replace my rear differential bushing and want to know which one to get. The Revshift one or the creative steel one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2

Re: Read differential bushing

I would get the creative-steel bushing. While you're down there you should check your driveshaft flex discs and the trans mount. Even though you can replace the rear diff bushing on it's own it's good for your driveshaft to replace everything at the same time. revshift made a really good reinforcement block for the trans mount.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

If you want one-stop shopping, go with RevShift. You can get the transmission mount insert, flex discs, differential bushing, and cradle bushings all in one order. And replacing all of those bushings at the same time would be the best and most complete way to fix the problem.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

The Revshift diff bushing is proving itself to be the best solution. Its also a little cheaper and comes with a lifetime warranty.

Get the red (95A) differential bushing. For any of the subframe or suspension bushings, you should get the hardest ones possible.

MotorMounts is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 04 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Revshift View Post
    The Revshift diff bushing is proving itself to be the best solution. Its also a little cheaper and comes with a lifetime warranty.
    OHHH, I don't know about all of that. Your bushing may be a bit cheaper but there is a lot more to the job than trying to save a few bucks on the bushing itself. Don't forget to factor in the extra hours the guy will spend under the car without our tool trying to get the old bushing out.
    Our phone number is 503-316-1811 We're here M-F, 8-5 Pacific Time.
    http://www.creative-steel.com
    maxx@creative-steel.com

True, i found out on the web how to make my own tool.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    Ahhhh, nothing like a little company competition I need to be redoing my bushings soon as well.

I hope i didn't cause any trouble.

Creative Steel and RevShift have been co-existing on this forum for a minute. I seriously doubt you caused any problems. A little competition never hurt anyone. They both make good products, great products considering they are two of maybe six total companies making stuff for our car. Both will be better than what is in there now. RevShift does have a wider selection. Creative Steel offers things RevShift couldnt dream of building. It depends on what you are looking for. If you have obsessive compulsive brand loyalty disorder, then RevShift is probably the way to go, as they offer everything from the motor mounts all the way back to the cradle and control arm bushings... Creative Steel simply does not offer a lot of those parts.

If you arent a snob and have no problem mixing brands, I (personally) would get RevShift blue (80A) motor mounts, thermal jackets, tranny insert, red (95A) differential, control arm, trailing arm, and cradle bushings, and get the Creative Steel differential block and CS flex discs... not the RevShift guibos.

It is called a flex disc, and RevShifts solid aluminum unit probably doesnt flex much. Given that our cars have a hard enough time with keeping the driveshaft properly aligned, a flex disc without any flex seems like a surefire way to grenade your driveshaft (in my opinion).

Either way, between the two companies, I think most, if not all, of our bushing needs should be covered.
    ham4864 and Thyine like this.

well put David,I went with the Revshift red Differential bushing based on what others have used.
    Thanks for your input.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    Creative Steel offers things RevShift couldnt dream of building.
    That kind of hurts me to read. I do think they should stick with producing steel components like their name states and stay away from the polymers. But we have some pretty intense fabrication skills as well. However, we are not looking to compete with their 8.8 rear end kit or trailing arms because we focus primarily on polyurethane. We just want to do what we know best.

I fabbed this myself out of stainless steel:
    m20ts4.600.jpg
    DavidBoren likes this.

Bluehaze07 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS
    Looks like 3.6 CTS headers are in R&D *crosses fingers*
    DavidBoren likes this.

Pwayne is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I don't think you can go wrong either way.

I chose the creative steel rear diff bushing, just for the fact that it uses a metal jacket around the bushing. I don't know if that really matters, I just like the idea of having the metal there.

I like and appreciate Rev Shifts variety of parts for our cars, and will not hesitate to consider their products in the future. In fact, if the rear diff bushing doesnt do it for me, I'll be ordering their tranny mount soon. Already replaced my flex discs, helped a little but not much.

I got the revshift bushing installed and let me tell you my whole body hurts. It feels like i just worked out.
    Maybe if i had a lift and didn't have to work on my back. All in all it wasn't hard at all.The hardest part was the steel sleeve left behind but a sawzall took care of that.
    No more clunk. No paying dealer price and no renting a bushing removal tool just common since and muscle.
    By all means rent the tool if your pressed for time.
    CTSM likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.