Read differential bushing - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Read differential bushing in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; How does the 80A blue bushing feel? Any added noise or vibrations? Im considering ordering one within the hour...
    jeffao is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 cts

Re: Read differential bushing

How does the 80A blue bushing feel? Any added noise or vibrations? Im considering ordering one within the hour

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

RevShift, let me apologize. I have seen your BMW headers on your website and was truly amazed at the craftsmanship. I stand corrected... opens mouth, inserts foot.
    Bluehaze07 likes this.

ham4864 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I installed the red one and i don't notice vibration.

454Casull is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 2.8L 6MT

I installed the CS bushing and it works fine.

Kilowatt is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Greetings guys,
    I've been following this thread and I must admit I'm a noob with the CTS. (my 1st caddy - really like this model, they are well designed)
    I obtained a 2005 plain-jane CTS a couple months ago and amongst its nuances is a clunk in the drivetrain when accelerating/decelerating. When I was changing the tranny fluid and filter I inspected the rubber bushings at either end of the drive shaft and observed cracks in the rubber around the fasteners. I suspect this is causing the clunk, also having vibration at speeds above 45mph...am I on the right track here?

I'll check out the two vendors mentioned here that provide parts. I have the OEM manual set so I have a procedure for the swap (havent reviewed it yet) but it looks like the exhaust system has to be removed to access this...my specimen has dual exhaust.
    Any tips and guidance appreciated.
    Thanks!
    kw

ham4864 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I didn't have to remove the exhaust.

454Casull is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 2.8L 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by Kilowatt View Post
    Greetings guys,
    I've been following this thread and I must admit I'm a noob with the CTS. (my 1st caddy - really like this model, they are well designed)
    I obtained a 2005 plain-jane CTS a couple months ago and amongst its nuances is a clunk in the drivetrain when accelerating/decelerating. When I was changing the tranny fluid and filter I inspected the rubber bushings at either end of the drive shaft and observed cracks in the rubber around the fasteners. I suspect this is causing the clunk, also having vibration at speeds above 45mph...am I on the right track here?

I'll check out the two vendors mentioned here that provide parts. I have the OEM manual set so I have a procedure for the swap (havent reviewed it yet) but it looks like the exhaust system has to be removed to access this...my specimen has dual exhaust.
    Any tips and guidance appreciated.
    Thanks!
    kw
    In my experience, the biggest cause of clunking was the front bushing on the differential. The worn giubo joints (flex discs) contributed strongly to noise and vibration but the jarring feeling was less, compared to the bushing.

briggy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS 3.6L 2005 80,000 Miles

I'm looking into doing this repair. Having done the bushing replacement on my mitsubishi I know what a royal pain this can be. Then I used a torch to burn out the bushing then used a hack saw to saw out the casing. The nice thing is it looks like the rev shift tool doesn't have to be pressed in, on the other note CS has the tool for $30. I noticed the bushing is listed as a CTS-V bushing is this interchangable with the CTS 05 bushing. Also whats the outside diameter on teh casing if I shoudl decide to make my own tool. Last question is has anyone notice the revshift bushing squeaks after a while when the lube dries out ? I ran into this problem on my other car, keeping in mind these were the a-arms

thanks,

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

We use an air hammer to get the old bushings out. It works good and is pretty quick.

The lube that we supply with our bushings is energy suspension's formula 5 prelube. It is formulated for polyurethane. We have never seen it dry out.

voodoochikin04 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2003 cts, 2004 Cts-v

The lube that comes with revshift bushings appears to be good stuff. Imagine really thick vaseline mixed with glue... its thick, its sticky, and it works great on the poly bushings.. Hope that eases some minds.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.