Just got an 03 CTS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Just got an 03 CTS in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hey yall, im new just got an 03 CTS V6 5spd sport luxury, its sweet. Gotta couple of questions what ...
    Hippiehead025 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Just got an 03 CTS

Hey yall, im new just got an 03 CTS V6 5spd sport luxury, its sweet. Gotta couple of questions

what offset and BS will work with an 18x7 or 18x8 rim? also is it the standard chevy 5 x4 3/4" bolt pattern?

who makes the best exhaust for a 5spd v6 3.2L?

and does any make a superchargerfor the 3.2L engine? Thanks - Roger

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

Re: Just got an 03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Hippiehead025
    Hey yall, im new just got an 03 CTS V6 5spd sport luxury, its sweet. Gotta couple of questions

what offset and BS will work with an 18x7 or 18x8 rim? also is it the standard chevy 5 x4 3/4" bolt pattern?

who makes the best exhaust for a 5spd v6 3.2L?

and does any make a superchargerfor the 3.2L engine? Thanks - Roger
    You made a good chose That's a lot of questions!
    It's been posted the Chevy Impala rims interchange with the CTS.
    Exhaust? GM endorses the Corsa. www.gmpartsdirect.com sell them at a good discount. Borla and B&B are also good choices.
    SuperChargers? I don't know if you've looked yet but you're talking $5000 to $7000. Lund Cadillac and RSM a Forum sponser both sell them. Veteran poster Pietro Ramandi will soon have a Electric Supercharger for about $2500.
    It raises the 3.6 from 255HP to about 300HP. You may wanna look at Cold Air Intakes also.
    Keep us up to date as you make your mods. Welcome to the Forum.

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

First off, welcome to the club. You have a great taste in cars. This forum is invaluable for finding what works and what doesn't. The search function will find you all the info you want on this forum, as these are recurring threads. Since your new, here are the quick answers.

1) Bolt pattern is NOT standard chevy although 5x4.5" (114.3mm) will work. It's 5x115mm, as are many other newer GM cars. Stock backspacing is 51mm, although 40mm is the least you can run without rubbing issues. The CTS-V runs 18x8.5" wheels with 42mm backspacing.

2) Borla, B&B and Corsa all have dual exhausts and all run somewhere in the range of $1000. Borla get's my vote for best design with quietest performance sound.

3) There are few choices on superchargers, but one has to be careful here. Over pressuring a stock 10.0:1 compression motor could do damage. Also, your transmission is only rated for the stock 220HP. There is always margin in any design, but you'd be the first to find it. RSM (a supporting vendor) has one that they claim will give you 120HP for about $7000. Pietro (a member) is working on an electric supercharger that would only come into play during WOT, for around 75HP. He will be offering it at a MUCH more reasonable price (~$2300). Again, a search on 'electric supercharger' will get you to all of the discussion. Here's the main page on it: http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...threadid=31408

Personally, if you want major horsepower increases along with reliability, you'd be better off selling the new CTS, and buying a used CTS-V. (~10,000 miles, 400HP, six speed, for around $40K). There are always a few on EBay. The old racing addage applies: Speed costs money . . . how fast can you afford to go?

Thanks yall. Price really isnt that much of an issue as far as superchargers. Im supercharging my corvette right now and itll be round 900 horse at the rears when its done. I have about 40G's in the motor and suspension.
    If it were my choice, ida gotten a cts-v, but i paid cash for this car, it wasnt expensive, and im just lookin for some things to hop it up a tad. I wanna do some basic mods, like exhaust, wheels, tires, new grill, etc. I was just askin bout superchargers cause i was lookin at the engine bay and figured hey, theres room, and 2 of the other vehicles I have are in the process of gettn supercharged, so maybe this one in a little while? haha I dunno maybe I'll just look into something else, maybe change out cams or something, 120Hp increase for 10 PSI isnt that much increase at all... maybe because its a vortech and its a small compressor....

are there any flow restrictions as far as the dual inlet throttle body? what size are they? is there an aftermarket one available? Thanks for the welcome yall - Roger

oh yeah, also i have a 3.2, not a 3.6.....is the 3.2 and 3.6 same block, just different bore and stroke?

odysseus is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS Manual Trans., '93 STS

Quote Originally Posted by Hippiehead025
    are there any flow restrictions as far as the dual inlet throttle body? what size are they? is there an aftermarket one available? Thanks for the welcome yall - Roger

oh yeah, also i have a 3.2, not a 3.6.....is the 3.2 and 3.6 same block, just different bore and stroke?
    The main restriction is in the air filter box. It basically gets air from a hole in the fender. Either a Volant cold air intake (~$250) will do the job, or, if you're a do-it-yourselfer, modify you're stock airbox and put a $40 Fram AirHog filter for the same performance at much cheaper cost. Do a search on either "airhog" or "TonyA mod".

Note that this, coupled with a new full dual exhaust, is only good for about 15 or 20 HP. $40 for the intake mods and $1000 for the exhaust. I wouldn't add a supercharger until I did both of these first, though.

The 3.2L is based on the German Opel 3.0L motor from the Cadillac Catera. There are very few performance upgrades as a result. It was an interim motor, until Cadillac got their new global V6 block produced (the 3.6L). It was used only in 2003 (all CTSs), and in 2004 for manuals only, since the getrag 5-speed is rated for 220HP, and the 3.6L puts out 255HP. They are not the same motor. The global V6 has VVT, and comes in 2.8L, 3.6L, and a rumored 3.8L in the future. The 3.6L motor is a more refined with a more broad powerband (and 255 vs. 220 HP).

If I was to do it again (it wasn't available when I got my '03), I'd get an '05 3.6L with the 6 speed transmission.

ahhh...gotcha....damn inferior motor...haha owell this is basically just a cruiser anyway for summer time. I have my corvette an a mustang for my fast cars i guess ill just do the cold air and be donewith it, maybe some other little things. - Thanks, Roger

05CTS is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 & 2008 CTS

what year is your vette?

90 coupe.

ok, ifound a set of rims i like, they are 18x8 and 18x9, 5x114.3mm bolt pattern, that .7mm isntgoin to make a difference and put any stress on the wheel is it? also what side backspacing do i need forthe 18x8 and 18x9 to fit correctly? Thanks - Roger

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Hey Hippiehead025, Welcome to the forum!!! I went with a Volant Intake and Magnaflow Exhaust....I'm waiting on Pete's supercharger...this what my 3.6 sounds like with the magnaflow magnaflow3.6

sweet man sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by 05CTS
    what year is your vette?
    What year is mine? No..don't look at my Avitar

pjohnesq is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by RobertCTS
    What year is mine? No..don't look at my Avitar
    Hey fellas...We better watch out for Robert, 05CTS and now Hippiehead025....these guys will take over the forum and turn it into a Vette forum All these vette guys man!

72 roadster sweetness man.... i wanted a 72 coupe to customize, i wanna take the exhaust and run it out the side gills.... I restore corvettes professionally so Im like a corvette maniac over here...haha sweet cra man - Roger

Quote Originally Posted by pjohnesq
    Hey fellas...We better watch out for Robert, 05CTS and now Hippiehead025....these guys will take over the forum and turn it into a Vette forum All these vette guys man!
    Pj
    Don't you see the natural progression and connection? Corvette, CTS, then CTS-V

PJ you gonna get that retro Cadillac Bike I posted?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.