how do i check for recalls ????????????
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Kingoftypos
  • 1 Post By Cadillac Cust Svc
  • 1 Post By Kingoftypos
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, how do i check for recalls ???????????? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I searched on line by year make and model.There were 4 recalls for my vehicle, When i called Cadillac about ...
    ham4864 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

how do i check for recalls ????????????

I searched on line by year make and model.There were 4 recalls for my vehicle, When i called Cadillac about a year ago they said there were no recalls.
    2005 cadillac cts 40,000 miles vin# 1G6DP567350176727 will someone be as kind enough to check.
    WHERE THEY PULLING MY CHAIN

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: how do i check for recalls ????????????

They probably meant the recalls were done. Just a poor choice of words on their part. They should of said "All recalls have been dealt with" or something like that.

The last recall was for the front brake lines, I think it was 2 years or more ago that they were done on my car. Just go to your nearest GM dealer, Cadillac or not, and have them print you out the sheet(s) for the recalls. They all should say completed or what not. And in the mean time, have them print you out the Build Code sheets. It will show you what options your CTS has and what they mean.

KOT
    ham4864 likes this.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by ham4864 View Post
    That's a good question. (Well, I'm assuming it's a question; normally questions have a question mark at the end, but based on the context I'm pretty sure this is intended to be a question even though the appropriate punctuation isn't there. I guess you ran out of question marks because they all got used up in the thread title.) When you ask "Where are they pulling my chain", are you asking where are they pulling the chain from, are you asking where are they pulling the chain to, or are you asking where the chain that they are pulling is attached to you and/or your car?

Oh, and I agree with KOT - whoever you talked to probably just meant that all recalls had been accomplished on your car. You can actually go to the dealership and have them print out the service history for your car.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by ham4864 View Post
    I searched on line by year make and model.There were 4 recalls for my vehicle, When i called Cadillac about a year ago they said there were no recalls.
    2005 cadillac cts 40,000 miles vin# 1G6DP567350176727 will someone be as kind enough to check.
    Hello ham4864,

I researched your VIN and I did not find any open recalls on your vehicle when I ran it through our system. Recalls are VIN specific, so if there are 4 recalls for a certain vehicle they all might not have included your vehicle. We are not able to discuss previous service history so that is why you received the answer you did. A dealership would be able to provide you with the previous service history of your vehicle though. If you would like a list of your RPO codes like KOT mentioned, please private message me and let me know so I can send them to you. I hope this helps! Feel free to private message me if you have any further questions or concerns. Thank you very much for taking the time to read my post.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    ham4864 likes this.

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Just to make an example that Greg mentioned. Which actually did happen with our first gen CTS.

The front brake lines was a recall for 2003 to 2007 CTS. BUT only for the cars that were registered in the snow belt. So any that were, at the time, registered in the southern states did not receive the recall.

KOT
    ham4864 likes this.

ham4864 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thank you KOT and Gregory

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello ham4864,

You are welcome! Glad we could help!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

salcuta88 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS 3.6

Another thing you could do is register with autozone and enter your car info. Then, you can see all the recalls for it and much more.

holsgo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 cts

http://www.faqs.org/car/
    Excellent resource.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.