Passenger window rolls up with auto feature, but then rolls back down halfway??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Passenger window rolls up with auto feature, but then rolls back down halfway?? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have tried resetting the window by holding the button both down and up for 5 seconds, but the window ...
    CadiFTW is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Wheel Performance Sport Package 3.6

Passenger window rolls up with auto feature, but then rolls back down halfway??

I have tried resetting the window by holding the button both down and up for 5 seconds, but the window continues to act up. It doesnt happen everytime, but most always. I wondering if the regulator is on its way out.Any tips/advice helps!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Garth is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS

Re: Passenger window rolls up with auto feature, but then rolls back down halfway??

Usually that happens if something is stuck in the way, it's a safety feature so that it doesn't crush any objects in its path. Check to see if anything is stuck, something might have fell between the door and glass causing it to not roll up all the way and roll back down.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    This also happens if your voltage drops too low. I've noticed this when rolling the windows up and shutting off the car at the same time. This could be caused by a bad battery, like mine is haha. Just a thought for you.

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: Passenger window rolls up with auto feature, but then rolls back down halfway??

What Tlorensen said. My passenger window does the safety feature every now and then. Mostly when the HVAC is on a medium speed, headlights and brake lights on.

Also, when reprograming the windows. Do one at a time, not both at the same time.

KOT

CadiFTW is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 Wheel Performance Sport Package 3.6

Thanks for the input guys. It seems like once it touches that top seal is when it drops back down. Maybe that top seal is out of place?? if im feeling abitious, I might take the door panel off and see what the voltage drop is when i raise the window.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.