Intake manifold
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Intake manifold in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I recently bought a spair upper intake for my ly7. Its going to be my test subject for porting and ...
    ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Intake manifold

I recently bought a spair upper intake for my ly7. Its going to be my test subject for porting and polishing. My question is, should I cut it in half and port the hell outta it and weld it back together. Or just port the mounting areas such as the tb mouth and lower intake ports. Or since a good amount of fabrication is already needed, should i go one step further and make a custom box intake made from sheet metal.? I know i can make it just from spair scraps around the garage but would it be worth it?.. other mods include; custom cia, ported tb, intake spacer, catchcan, hpipe, hiflow cats. Also if this mod is worth the time to make I may have the heads ported and shaved while im fabbing. Thanks in advance for your advice.
    Cads4life, Matt4949 and SHORTSTACK like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Matt4949 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS 3.6 Black/Black; 05 CTS-V Black/Black

Re: Intake manifold

I have no idea... but I'm very interested in what you do. Subscribed!

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Look up the CPR6 LY7/Alloytec manifold. They did all the R&D for you, and made a new intake manifold has over twice the possible airflow compared to OEM intakes.

Link:
    http://www.performancemanifolds.com....ndfigures-283/

Is it worth their price? Probably not.

By all means, port and polish the everylasting piss out of your stock intake. If you possess the skill and aptitude to cut it in half and weld it back together, do it. Post lots of pictures of the process, and dyno it before and after. I would love to see what we can do with stock components.
    SHORTSTACK likes this.

Ive seen that one. For 1500 it better drive the car for me too.. ittl be like a week before i can get started.. question for moderators. I cant upload photos. Either on here or through instagram.. the app keeps crashing... its really annoying. Anything i can try?

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    Quote Originally Posted by ztollon View Post
    Ive seen that one. For 1500 it better drive the car for me too.. ittl be like a week before i can get started.. question for moderators. I cant upload photos. Either on here or through instagram.. the app keeps crashing... its really annoying. Anything i can try?
    Upload to photobucket. Works the best. Interested on the results of this as well.

Even if you only net 5-10 hp I'd be interested if I could find a used manifold on the cheap. I'd assume a junkyard would have some cheap

Thats where I got the spair Lol. Best $25 ive spent in a while.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

As far as custom intake manifolds go... I am going to design something on CAD to interface with the lower intake plenum, allowing use of three of these:
    myA72ziEq6K8VzvjYtK4Onw.jpg
    http://www.inglese.com/ing/throttle-...tps-req-1.html
    That way I would have, essentially, a LY7 with individual throttle bodies. Each intake runner of the lower intake plenum would align with its own 50mm EFI throttle body. I will have to find a way to get all three dual throttle bodies to respond in unison as one unit, as well as having all of them report to the factory throttle position sensor as one. But they are EFI, and they do have throttle position sensors, so its only a matter or wiring, I suppose.

But I want my CTS to have one of these:
    shaker-hood.jpg
    The shaker, not a Hemi...

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
    Glad to see people going "in" and doing custom work to these cars/motors...subscribed as well.

How much would that setup run?

----------

Nevermind i checked it out.

Okay so i talked to a couple professional fabricators today, it looks like we are going to take the extra step to make a custom intake from sheet metal. If r&d goes smoothly and dyno results show an improvement in torq and hp, how many members would be intersted in purchasing one. We are talking with a powder coating company for those who would like it black or any other color for that matter. Also possibility of nitrous ports built in (which mine will incorporate). Work should start in few more days stock tb and stock bolt will all be usable with the build. Still waiting on a figure in cost of materials and labor but we thinking somewhere in the 450-550 dollar range for the intake.

Let me know if your interested, thanks. Zac.

Pwayne is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

If the HP and torque improvements are decent, you can count me in. It would be nice if it looked good, so that we can keep the Caddilac engine cover off to expose a nice looking intake.

Pwayne- that's the idea.. we are looking to set up an actual company/shop here in Michigan we will specialize in marine engines but be doing car builds left and right. Ill attach some photos of two current projects we are working on. one is a 86 ford f250 we are doing a complete rebuild/cummins turbo diesel swap. Last night I we actually finished the exhaust 4" stainless steal piping straight back from the turbo to a 5" tip. Other one is a 67 mustang gt500 with a 400 cbb 108mm turbo E85, build targeting in the 1000-1200hp range.

http://m1363.photobucket.com/albums/...BBIhCsGD5yo%3D

jcornv15 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6 Base
    I would love to be a first to buy the manifold. So very excited

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
    With the R&D documented and posted even if a slight gain of 5-10hp/tq I'd be interested as well.

SHORTSTACK is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS 3.6

Subscribed..... if it costs 1500 bucks you can kiss my ass though... haha

I like your enthusiasm. I hope it turns out well, ill be in the group of the first to buy one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.