Intake manifold - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree29Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Intake manifold in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by ztollon No pictures just yet, dont wanna ruin the surprise lol. However the intake will be 100% ...
    DeFo is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Intake manifold

Quote Originally Posted by ztollon View Post
    No pictures just yet, dont wanna ruin the surprise lol. However the intake will be 100% different from the stock manifold and the cpr6 (I think thats what its called) to avoid patenting issues.
    Its been 6 days.....and new info!?
    RCVW likes this.

ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Unfortunately not at the moment. I had a few people at my work quit so i have to pick up shifts until we can get more help. So as of right now the intake is at a stand still. The box is already done just have to put fittings on it.

For the new intake im going to relocate the brake booster to the top and center of the manifold. For those of us who do fuel injection cleanings it will dramatically increase the effectiveness of the procedure. I for one noticed cylinder 6 (closest to the brake booster) was clean as a whistle, compaired to the other cylinders which were lightly coated with oil and carbon. So not only will the manifold improve performance but will also improve maintenance as well.

johnladow07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6

Any update on the project?

I finished the intake runners today. I plan on using a thinker 1/4" base plate (1/2" w/o intake spacer) for the production model and cleaner welds, straight lines Ext. this is a very rough copy but its the hardest part so far to fabricate. ill upload pictures of the upper portion tomorrow after work. I might even be able to weld the two pieces together, after that I just need fab in the air temp sensor and another butterfly mechanism. I forgot the technical term for it but it opens at higher rpms to increase air flow in the intake. but anyways from there it wont be much longer.
    Tlorenzen and RCVW like this.

johnladow07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6

thanks for the update! Any new pics?!

Oefootball_70 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS
    Update?

Its funny you comment today, just the other night I started back at it. I had to get a better tig welder, better quality materials, better tools a mold made blah blah blah. The project did come to a standstill for a while, partly due to my other project a 72 dodge charger (I switch on and off). Now there could be a few setbacks with the intake I noticed the other night. Most of them can most likely be solved, one however probably not. The problem is the location of the throttle body mounted on the intake compared to stock location. I know it will not sit in the same spot (mybe forward and down an inch or two) so it wont necessary bolt right up to your cia and stock air box and may need slight modification. Thats about where we stand as of now, there isnt really too much more to do, just a few more welds and then testing.

Unfortunately I did not finish it and get it on the car today. Hopefully with working and what not, I can get it on the car by Wednesday. I really don't have to much to do just some pluming for vacuum lines, PVC female fittings, air temp sensor and butterfly valve possibly. Currently I have the butterfly removed from my stock intake. It's sitting in the engine bay plugged in. Purpose of this valve is pretty much just for fuel economy. It separates the back two cylinders which are the only two that cross between the two intake banks, and opens at high rpms. Ive had it off for about three weeks and have never gotten a check engine light or misfire. Just a bit more airflow and maybe a slight performance gain, I did loose .5mpg but oh we'll. I'm not sure if I want to use the butterfly in the new manifold. It would serve no purpose, instead of the air entering from the side it's going to come in from the front. So now the only current issue is trying to eliminate the butterfly completely by removing it, if that's the direction I want to go. Now my question. Is there something I can use, say for example a resistor to make the computer think it's still there so you don't get a check engine light? Lol you can actually see what I'm talking about. It's just to the right of the intake kinda facing us.

soo any feedback guys?

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Interesting build. You weren't joking when you said it wouldn't look anything like the stock or Aussie one haha. I think the main question will be what benefits it gives. (hopefully plenty) and whether it is worthy for you to make these in your spare time or not.

I applaud the effort man, I will like to see it when its completely finished. I imagine it will look pretty good when it's all cleaned up and painted etc.

Also, does it have any oil management pours in it like the stock one does at the mouth? Not sure how necessary these are or aren't.

Just thinking. Keep up the good work man.

Keep us updated.

onetouch123 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS 3.6l
    R u planning on letting the use of spacers with this manifold

Quote Originally Posted by onetouch123
    yes of course. As for the oil collectors inside the manifold probably not.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Quote Originally Posted by onetouch123 View Post

Also a good point, how much heat will the steel absorb as compared to the cast aluminum(our manifolds??) The added air could be counteracted if it enters the cylinder at an extra 20 Degrees. Although this could easily be fixed with some insulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen
    Also a good point, how much heat will the steel absorb as compared to the cast aluminum(our manifolds??) The added air could be counteracted if it enters the cylinder at an extra 20 Degrees. Although this could easily be fixed with some insulation.
    I really figured everyone who would want one would already have the spacer but as for the heat comparison we shall find out soon. Lol I feel the thickness of the metal I'm using should dissipate heat pretty good compared to the stock thickness, and how much heat is absorbed. There's so much unneeded material on the stock intake, It just soaks up the heat.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.