2003 CTS no Radio volume
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2003 CTS no Radio volume in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello , this is my first post , just bought a 2003 cts with 13,000 miles . Car is in ...
    Rimlock is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts

2003 CTS no Radio volume

Hello , this is my first post , just bought a 2003 cts with 13,000 miles . Car is in like new shape , but the radio has no volume ? The cd player works fine as does the information display . Any thoughts ? Also the drivers side lower courtesy light light does not work and the bulb is good .

Thanks for any help

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

arw1510 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6, 2004 SRX 4.6 AWD, 2012 CTS 3.6 DI AWD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimlock View Post
    Hello , this is my first post , just bought a 2003 cts with 13,000 miles . Car is in like new shape , but the radio has no volume ? The cd player works fine as does the information display . Any thoughts ? Also the drivers side lower courtesy light light does not work and the bulb is good .

Thanks for any help
    I'm more curious how there is an 03 CTS with only 13k miles lol

When you say the CD player works, I'm assuming you mean the speakers play music with a CD, but not with the radio? So that would rule out amp and speaker issues. Perhaps something antenna wise? Doss the radio display any station data?

Re: 2003 CTS no Radio volume

Yes the radio displays the channel when you hit seek or push the presets , it does change channels but there is no volume , you can toggle between fm and am but no noise at all , not even static ? the cd player works fine

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    Do you get the "hey dumbass" sound for when the keys are left in the ignition or headlights on with the doors open?

KOT

pinspade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6 liter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rimlock View Post
    Yes the radio displays the channel when you hit seek or push the presets , it does change channels but there is no volume , you can toggle between fm and am but no noise at all , not even static ? the cd player works fine
    My car did the same thing. It would last like 45 minutes each time. I would be listening to it and all of the sudden the sound would quit. The cd, xm or any radio channels or on star. I would turn the car off and on and nothing. Then out if nowhere it comes back on. Everything would display like it was working, cd counter, radio stations, everything. Mine just quite doing it one day and it didn't happen for months, I ended up putting a screen in my car though.

Yes the chimes do work . So I am thinking that I need to replace the the radio ?

Just a update , I bought a stock radio from a salvage yard and replaced the one in the car.It had the locked code and after a $30.00 trip to the dealer all is well .
    Also the drivers side courtesy light by your feet is still not working , the bulb is good , any thoughts?

Thanks

dondigital is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Did you figure this one out??? I just bought an 06 with the same issue. I don't get any sound out of the speakers at all. I tried a CD and nothing. Any ideas??? I am considering an entire replacement of stereo system but it would be nice to get the bose system working to see how it sounds

thanks for any help.

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Hotchkis Sway Bars, FE2

I wonder if your dash cluster was replaced at some point in time. Hence why you only have 13k on the odometer.

dondigital is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Rimlight I am reading that this may be a common problem when the amplifier goes out. Check fuses and maybe pull unit and have it tested. It looks to be under a panel in the trunk on the drivers side. Could even be something small like a loose or broken connection. Let me know how it goes.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.