Advice for buying CTS?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Advice for buying CTS? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; So I'm new to the forum. A little history, Ive owned V8 Mustangs my whole life but now have a ...
    kpytou Guest

Advice for buying CTS?

So I'm new to the forum. A little history, Ive owned V8 Mustangs my whole life but now have a kid so I need a 4-door. Ive decided I want a CTS.

Im looking at anything from 04-07. I understand there is a Base,Sport and Luxury trim or some combination there of. Ive got my eye on a 07 Sport. I really like the spoiler and wheels.

Here are so questions I have:

Do all 3.6l have dual exhuast?

Is luxury just the wood trim or are there other differences?

What is different with the Sport other than the wheels and spoiler? Is there a better suspension, etc?

What should I be aware of? Any advice or regrets you might of had in you experience worth sharing?

Its a whole new realm for me so Im hoping I can gain some knowledge before I make a purchase. Thanks in advance!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kad4Life is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '07 CTS 3.6 FE5 Blk/Blk 'Nadine'

Re: Advice for buying CTS?

'07 would be your best bet due to extension of timing chain warranty on this model year.
    There is a sport appearance pkg., and a handling pkg. ; they may not necessarily both be on the car you are looking at .
    The bottom of the spare cover has a sticker with all your car's option codes .
    Either that or maybe someone can run the VIN .
    The key to a long lived CTS is regular maintenance .

kpytou Guest

Thanks for the advice. I think I'm sold on this 07. I'll probably go test drive it this weekend.

Any other suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.

Y3E
    Y3E is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Was 2005 CTS Sport - Dark Metallic Grey

I have the sport 3.6 and from my understanding the suspension is a bit better as it cost more for shocks. Dual exhaust for the 3.6. I don't know about the other CTS variants but I have a sport button for a more spirited acceleration from start. I rarely use it if at all. Probably twice in the past 5 years

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by kpytou View Post
    Thanks for the advice. I think I'm sold on this 07. I'll probably go test drive it this weekend.

Any other suggestions or comments are greatly appreciated.
    Hello kpytou,

Welcome to the forum! This must be an exciting time for you when looking to purchase a CTS. I see Kad4Life has offered advice on your questions. You will probably hear more suggestions and advice from the community on this thread. If you would like to further discuss your questions, please contact me via private message or at socialmedia@gm.com. I can be contacted whenever you have a concern or question, so don't hesitate! We are here to help assist you. Let me know how your test drive goes!

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Reaper416 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS
    I have always loved driving fast and a good handling car. I also love modifying and personalizing my cars. The CTS is pretty much an all around great car. My 05 is the first caddy I have owned and I love it!! I have owned Audi, mustangs, Firebirds, pretty much everything. I believe all the 3.6l have dual exhaust. The power is good. I don't think the sport package changes anything engine wise just the handling aspects and some visual. The sport mode push button is nice and really makes a difference in launch. I look to upgrade eventually to a cts-v or an ATS. For now I'm just gonna mod my CTS and see what I can make it do. Good luck and congrats on getting one if that's what u do. Only thing I can say about what to look out for would be oil usage. These guys on here have all the answers and great advice though. Use them to ur advantage.

amunderdog is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1994 SLS x 2 ---- 1993 Eldorado Sport ----- 1994 Deville 4.9

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.