2006 CTS will crank but not start...help
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2006 CTS will crank but not start...help in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I have a 2006 CTS that will crank when I turn the ignition but will not start. The car has ...
    alecfrank is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS

Post 2006 CTS will crank but not start...help

I have a 2006 CTS that will crank when I turn the ignition but will not start.

The car has a half tank of gas and all fluid levels are good. The car sat for a week while I was on vacation. I go to turn the ignition and the engine just cranks but does not start. I tested the battery and I have 12 volts. I do have a check engine light on but i had it tested last week and they said it was my O2 sensor. No other problems before this issue. I turn the key to the ON position and my battery light stays on (no flashing). Does this mean I have a spark problem?

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Re: 2006 CTS will crank but not start...help

Tried jumping it off to be sure its not the battery, also tried checking volts when the ignition is set to on, just because it reads 12v doesnt always mean it has 12v, as soon as it goes under load it could drop below the cutoff voltage where the battery saver says, nu-uh not starting at that voltage.
    If that all checks out ok, could be the crank sensor.
    if you have a scan tool, pull off your engine codes.

hdarga is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS

Mine is doing the same thing right now. Ran fine the day before but now won't start.

outsider is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1987 Brougham D'Eligance, 1969 Calais Sedan, 1995 FWB

Did you check all of your fuses? Also check for fuel pressure, could be your fuel pump going or a bad fuel filter.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by alecfrank View Post
    I have a 2006 CTS that will crank when I turn the ignition but will not start.

The car has a half tank of gas and all fluid levels are good. The car sat for a week while I was on vacation. I go to turn the ignition and the engine just cranks but does not start. I tested the battery and I have 12 volts. I do have a check engine light on but i had it tested last week and they said it was my O2 sensor. No other problems before this issue. I turn the key to the ON position and my battery light stays on (no flashing). Does this mean I have a spark problem?

Any thoughts?
    Hello alecfrank,

I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with your CTS. I see the community has engaged with your thread and are offering insight to what could be the issue. Are you thinking about working with a technician on this vehicle concern? If you would like to discuss this, please reach out to me via private message.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by hdarga View Post
    Mine is doing the same thing right now. Ran fine the day before but now won't start.
    Hello hdarga,

I apologize your vehicle is experiencing issues with not starting also. If you would like to further discuss this concern, please reach out to me via private message.

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.