This renewed my faith in the brand
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By mjcaddy
  • 1 Post By Y3E
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, This renewed my faith in the brand in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I kinda lost of my faith in the Cadillac brand and I posted in the SRX section i'll probably jump ...
    mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

This renewed my faith in the brand

I kinda lost of my faith in the Cadillac brand and I posted in the SRX section i'll probably jump ship, I know this is CTS section, but since both are based on the sigma platform, and this is a CTS story, here's what happened today:

I was on my way back from Indiana Dunes (to the west suburbs of Chicago), doing bit less than 70 on I94 eastbound, and minding my own business here comes a silver 1st gen CTS on the left lane i'm on the middle and there were a semi on the right lane), going around 75 by my estimate, and coming into a construction section there was construction traffic barrels and signs and everything but apparently the CTS guy didn't notice them
    so he kept his speed and lane, and all 3 lanes are shifting right and he still heading straight into the barrels then suddenly he noticed and he hard jumped right, he's now in front of me, I slowed down and same with the semi guy, the CTS guy clearly didnt know what he was doing he tried to correct his direction and he over did it and he start to slid left and right, it's all happened with then 2-3 seconds, but from my seat felt like a year,
    he finally lost control and went straight right into the shoulder then into the ditch, and he flipped, I stopped the car as fast as i can, forgot to call onstar but the girlfriend was already talking to 911,
    I went down in the ditch trying to get who ever in the car out, you never know with a Cadillac if it's an old driver or a younger fella, I tried to open the passenger door and it was locked the same with the drivers side, people start seeing there were something going on there and they start stopping for help, a south-asian looking family came down right after me and I asked then before you come down do you have a wheel wrench I can break the window with, they said no, my car was a bit further from theirs so I start making my way up and I saw the passenger door was cracked a bit, so i run back down, pulled the door open, and there was a lady (around my age late 20s early 30s) and she was looking for her slippers, and she grabbed them and her purse and I helped her out, then a guy also around my age came out with his coffee mug < no kidding here, I helped both out I asked Is there any one else left they said no, people helped them to go back up out of the ditch to the highway shoulder and they were totally fine, not even a scratch and I was going all worried are you ok man, he said yeah i'm fine, I was on my way to the church and then this happened, he was talking to me still holding his coffee mug, like if i met him in the parking lot or something not like someone got pulled from a car upside down!

one of the stopped cars was a doctor so he start checking them, and after seeing that everyone was ok I left,

I knew Cadillacs are safe, but never thought they were that safe that a car jumps into a ditch flip over and both passenger and driver comes out like nothing, I was really thinking of jumping ship but after today, I decided keep and to start fix the minor things I didn't like in my SRX, and I'd recommend everyone thinking about the same to stop and keep these little gems.
    for everyone deciding on buying one, these are very safe cars and after what I saw today, I really recommend it.
    SHORTSTACK and CTSM like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: This renewed my faith in the brand

Whenever I hear stories like this. I always remember this story...

Also here is mine in late 2009. I was going too fast when I tried too take a right hand turn. I ran into this stop truck at the stop sign. Less than $10,000 worth of damage to my CTS. But nevertheless, I drove home the truck had to wait for a tow truck.

KOT

aviatordave is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 1976 Seville (sold)

a good testament to Cadillac.

and kudos to you for jumping in there to help out! glad everyone was unharmed.

CTS-QC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS 3.6L V6 RWD Performance

I'll take your word for it that it's a safe car, but I hope I never have to find out. On the other hand, I found out the car is capable of living up to being a sports sedan. Not something that I do everyday, but a few weeks ago, I decided to pass a guy on the right who was very slow coming out of a construction zone. There was a car ahead and the slow guy decided to speed up as soon as he saw me passing. I hit the pedal to the floor, got a tremendous surge of power like I've never experienced before, pulled ahead and passed him, just in the nick of time to miss the guy in front of me. That was a move worthy of something out of NASCAR. Of course I was ready to hit the breaks if it felt like I wasn't going to make it but didn't have to. The point is, the car is also great at collision avoidance so you that won't have to end up with a wreck.

jran0823 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2003 CTS 1SC Luxury Sport
    I will vouch that the 1st gen CTS is a safe car. Last November my wife had my 3 year old and 5 month old daughters in the car and an old lady failed to yield at the round about and broadsided the car. The old lady was driving a Trailblazer with a brush guard and traveling at 35mph when she hit the passenger side. My wife and both daughters were ok and the car was repairable. I will say after seeing that I might be a Cadillac owner for life.

J W
    J W is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS /CTS-V / Escalade

[QUOTE=Kingoftypos;10610969]Whenever I hear stories like this. I always remember this story...

The 2 girls can't remember anything but there okay?

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

[QUOTE=J W;10628281]
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    Whenever I hear stories like this. I always remember this story...

The 2 girls can't remember anything but there okay?
    The brain works in mysterious ways. Some people just plainly don't remember some events, such as a car crash.

KOT

Y3E
    Y3E is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Was 2005 CTS Sport - Dark Metallic Grey

This is why I want my wife to get away from the low end Japanese brands. I always worry about what would happen to her if she gets in to an accident. Kudos to CTS, which is why I am considering getting the 2014 CTS when I look for a new car this fall. Thanks for posting mjcaddy and everyone else who had the unfortunate CTS accidents
    SHORTSTACK likes this.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by mjcaddy View Post
    I kinda lost of my faith in the Cadillac brand and I posted in the SRX section i'll probably jump ship, I know this is CTS section, but since both are based on the sigma platform, and this is a CTS story, here's what happened today:

I was on my way back from Indiana Dunes (to the west suburbs of Chicago), doing bit less than 70 on I94 eastbound, and minding my own business here comes a silver 1st gen CTS on the left lane i'm on the middle and there were a semi on the right lane), going around 75 by my estimate, and coming into a construction section there was construction traffic barrels and signs and everything but apparently the CTS guy didn't notice them
    so he kept his speed and lane, and all 3 lanes are shifting right and he still heading straight into the barrels then suddenly he noticed and he hard jumped right, he's now in front of me, I slowed down and same with the semi guy, the CTS guy clearly didnt know what he was doing he tried to correct his direction and he over did it and he start to slid left and right, it's all happened with then 2-3 seconds, but from my seat felt like a year,
    he finally lost control and went straight right into the shoulder then into the ditch, and he flipped, I stopped the car as fast as i can, forgot to call onstar but the girlfriend was already talking to 911,
    I went down in the ditch trying to get who ever in the car out, you never know with a Cadillac if it's an old driver or a younger fella, I tried to open the passenger door and it was locked the same with the drivers side, people start seeing there were something going on there and they start stopping for help, a south-asian looking family came down right after me and I asked then before you come down do you have a wheel wrench I can break the window with, they said no, my car was a bit further from theirs so I start making my way up and I saw the passenger door was cracked a bit, so i run back down, pulled the door open, and there was a lady (around my age late 20s early 30s) and she was looking for her slippers, and she grabbed them and her purse and I helped her out, then a guy also around my age came out with his coffee mug < no kidding here, I helped both out I asked Is there any one else left they said no, people helped them to go back up out of the ditch to the highway shoulder and they were totally fine, not even a scratch and I was going all worried are you ok man, he said yeah i'm fine, I was on my way to the church and then this happened, he was talking to me still holding his coffee mug, like if i met him in the parking lot or something not like someone got pulled from a car upside down!

one of the stopped cars was a doctor so he start checking them, and after seeing that everyone was ok I left,

I knew Cadillacs are safe, but never thought they were that safe that a car jumps into a ditch flip over and both passenger and driver comes out like nothing, I was really thinking of jumping ship but after today, I decided keep and to start fix the minor things I didn't like in my SRX, and I'd recommend everyone thinking about the same to stop and keep these little gems.
    for everyone deciding on buying one, these are very safe cars and after what I saw today, I really recommend it.
    Hello mjcaddy,

Thank you for taking the time to post this. I am happy the people in the CTS Caddy were safe after their accident. I agree with Cadillac being a safe brand of vehicles to drive and I am happy to see your faith is renewed in the brand. I love seeing people post positive feedback about Cadillac. If there are ever any questions or concerns you have, don't hesitate to reach out to us via private message!

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
    This is why I want my wife to get away from the low end Japanese brands. I always worry about what would happen to her if she gets in to an accident. Kudos to CTS, which is why I am considering getting the 2014 CTS when I look for a new car this fall. Thanks for posting mjcaddy and everyone else who had the unfortunate CTS accidents
    Hello Y3E,

I am glad you are considering a 14' CTS for a new car this year. I understand how accidents are scary, and safety is a high component when searching for a vehicle. If you ever have questions you would like to discuss, please let me know. I am limited when helping with vehicle concerns for Canadian customers, because we are currently set up to only assist United States customers, however I am most likely able to help general questions.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Y3E
    Y3E is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Was 2005 CTS Sport - Dark Metallic Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    ----------
    Hello Y3E,

I am glad you are considering a 14' CTS for a new car this year. I understand how accidents are scary, and safety is a high component when searching for a vehicle. If you ever have questions you would like to discuss, please let me know. I am limited when helping with vehicle concerns for Canadian customers, because we are currently set up to only assist United States customers, however I am most likely able to help general questions.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Thank you Laura, I certainly will not hesitate to ask questions. Great service

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
    Thank you Laura, I certainly will not hesitate to ask questions. Great service
    You are welcome Y3E! Thank you, I appreciate it. We are here to assist our customers the best we can

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Kael is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): The Mighty Kael, 2004 Black CTS, Every Option

My friend had a KIA sedan, stopped his car on a cruve of a highway to hep another motorist, while he was helping her someone ran into his KIA and jammed it against the cement dividers. The passenger cage for the KIA collapsed and failed, not a single airbag went off (the car was on and idling), if he was in it he would be dead.
    The CTS is a pretty tough little car and GM has been making tough cars for years.
    I had a 97 grand prix gtp, and one night while driving home some guy stopped in front of me to turn into a taco place, I stopped too, he turned in and then I was about to get going when some kid that didn't see me slammed into me doing 40 mph while I was stopped. One of the bolts on my seat snapped and I slid into the rear seat, my rear bumper was pushed in about a foot but the other car was just destroyed. When the police arrived they asked me what I was doing there, I told them the kid hit my car and that I drove it out of traffic, they went and looked and when they came back both fo them said they were going to get one as a family car. Another member of my old grand prix club was behind a semi when another semi hit him from behind, the car looked like it was chewed up and spat out but the passenger cage held, he and his family were able to walk out the car.
    Good going engineers at GM. keep it up.

mjcaddy is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 1SG STS4, 05 V6 SRX4 (retired 03 DeVille)

Yeah I had a chevy many many years ago and I hit a small opel (my fault), I was doing 160km/h and he was doing 100 or so on the highway back in the old country and i completely destroyed his car, and this (see pic) what happened to the chevy:
    6078790004_large.jpg

MJDART is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium

Awesome story, glad I came across it.............

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.