tapping into xm satellite signal for aux?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: What's your best choice for an auxiliary input in your car?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • boost my current fm transmitter signal

0 0%
  • buy an interface to splice off the xm tuner

4 50.00%
  • sing to myself

1 12.50%
  • get an aftermarket radio with a aux port on it

3 37.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, tapping into xm satellite signal for aux? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Anyone have the wiring for the xm tuner? i want to port into the satellite feed for my auxiliary. Seems ...
    jcornv15 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS 3.6 Base

tapping into xm satellite signal for aux?

Anyone have the wiring for the xm tuner? i want to port into the satellite feed for my auxiliary. Seems much more intelligent to just piggy back whats already there. Anyones thoughts or ideas on why this wouldn't work?

2007 cts 3.6 w/out nav-w/out bose

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    A company called USA SPEC already has that exact cable. It piggy backs off the XM and uses the XM2 band to run your aux.

I was all over their site before posting here and their doo-hickeys are (correct me if I'm wrong) iPod elitists or FM based transmitters. The p***-vette doesn't show available connectivity for anything but that blasted ipoo, and even if apple was a worth while device to put in my car, it only supports i-pay-too-much models that became obsolete around 3gs days (2006?).
    Are there even enough input signal lines through the antennae for xm to port in as I have suggested?

Ahh sorry man, I see what you were asking. You want a literal aux port. I assumed it would be for the iPod/iPhone. I agree with the bashing you put on apple tho lol. Ok, someone just did an aux port on the factory system. Let me see if I can find it for ya.

----------

Here is one, but it's not the one I was thinking of. I will keep looking.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...thout-sat.html

----------

Here is another, but still not the one I was looking for lol

http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answe...tch/index.html

Thanks Blayne. I have read both of these posts several times and find fault in their design each time I read them. The first one is good, I never even thought of having a relay in line but still needing to turn power current to make sure the relay will switch on seems like more hassle then what your getting out of the items. In addition, switching of existing audio and having your CD still running in the background really seems unprofessional and and like your only doing half the job. The second one I thought was spot on, but after reading it a few times I noticed it can only function without having XM previously installed on your vehicle.

The one I was looking for was from a member who tapped into the wiring in the top rear of the radio. It seemed like it was only a few wires he was messing with. Then he had the female aux jack on the top right of his radio. He drilled right into the plastic part around the radio. It was a real nice clean instal and was pretty easy to do. Hopefully someone knows what I am talking about and has that thread handy, or the actual member who did it. I will be switching to a Samsung phone shortly from my icrap phone so I will be looking to do the same.

I wonder if it is possible to take the iPod cable that I have and pull the end off it and wire an aux jack to the end of it? Wonder if anyone has tried that. Also makes me wonder why USA spec never made an aux jack like the iPod cable.

I wondered the same but understood it was the 16 pin model and that's about 13 more pins than I know what to do with.

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Re: tapping into xm satellite signal for aux?

personally id ditch the radio for an aftermarket one with aux input, if you wanted to retain your car info panel you could still make a double din out of your current unit by doing the DIC mod.
    I ditched mine all together including the info panel and use torque obd to keep an eye on fuel left etc, lots more gauges to play with!

"insert your steering wheel is on the wrong side comments here"

So I have been curious about the torque app. So if I get rid of the DIC, the torque app will monitor all the gauges on the car? But I still lose all the factory controls that are thru the DIC right?

Lzr
    Lzr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 07 CTS - 3.6L, perf pkg, RX catch can, Vmax Ice, Volant CAI

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    I wonder if it is possible to take the iPod cable that I have and pull the end off it and wire an aux jack to the end of it? Wonder if anyone has tried that. Also makes me wonder why USA spec never made an aux jack like the iPod cable.
    I don't think they do per say but on the PA-VETTE 15 you can flip dip 4 and activate the aux port ( the LEFT RIGHT connectors on the PA-Vette) and you get an aux there

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by Blayne View Post
    So I have been curious about the torque app. So if I get rid of the DIC, the torque app will monitor all the gauges on the car? But I still lose all the factory controls that are thru the DIC right?
    All steering controls are gone pretty much unless you have a radio that has programmable button control which mine doesnt!

Gauges wise you can display vast amounts more than the stock dic it will also alert you audibly when the engine is at its optimal operating temperature, gauges include from the list i have to choose from, most highlight green with torque scan addon if they are useable:

oil temperature, oil pressure, coolant temps, fan speeds, maf flow rate, fuel pressure, intake temperature/psi , battery voltage, current rpm, speed, direction, transmission fluid temperature, throttle position, timing advance, air to fuel ratio, ambient air temperature, barometer, barometric pressure, catalyst temperature for each bank, fuel cost per mile, Co2 k/gm average or instantaneous, distance till empty, egr voltage, engine load, evap pressure, exhaust gas temp, fuel flow rate per minute, fuel level, fuel rail pressure, fuel trims, gps vs obd speed difference, hp at the wheels, mpg, o2 sensor ratio/voltage, accelerator pedal position, torque figure, vacuum, its not short of a few dials, just depends how big your screen is and how many you want per scrollable screen lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Lzr

I don't think they do per say but on the PA-VETTE 15 you can flip dip 4 and activate the aux port ( the LEFT RIGHT connectors on the PA-Vette) and you get an aux there
    Hmmmmm, I might have to look at that

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    I didn't bother reading this thread in its entirety. But there is an option that you throw in a double throw double pole switch in line with the audio cable going to the factory amp.

Terminal A can go to the factory head unit, terminal B can go to the aux input and the pivot point can go to the factory amp.

Since all of the audio control (volume, fade, balance and EQ) are done at the factory amp. You'll still have control of it.

With this hook up, you can have the head unit on any "input", am/fm, tape, cd or XM radio.

KOT

Thanks guys, though these are all great ways to get "a setup", they aren't really what i wanted. Still looking for the wiring diagram for the xm tuner if anyone knows where i can find it i'd much appreciate it.

ok so i got it done using the thread i was looking for. I cut the positive/negative/ and ground from the gray connector feeding into the back of the radio. Audio is actually very clear. i'll post the link when i find it again. Thanks for everything guys.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.