Tune up in a 2004 CTS 3.6 L
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AAIIIC
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Tune up in a 2004 CTS 3.6 L in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello, does anyone know how often should a tune up be done in a 2004 CTS. I've had the care ...
    tito082 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 L

Tune up in a 2004 CTS 3.6 L

Hello, does anyone know how often should a tune up be done in a 2004 CTS. I've had the care almost 5 years and I have not done a tune. Any suggestions? Also, how should a transmission fluid changed or flushed?

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

silver_viper_tb is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS

Re: Tune up in a 2004 CTS 3.6 L

I replaced the plugs in my 05 CTS recently , I went with the Iridium plugs from AC Delco. from what I understand these plugs are supposed to be platinum plugs from the factory. From the dealers I've worked for rule of thumb for platinum plugs is usually 90k miles. however I like to replace them sooner. I may be doing them too often but I like every couple of years. even with iridium/platinum plugs. cheap to do and keeps things running smoothly.

tito082 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS 3.6 L

Thanks. Would you have to know of a "how-to" website on how to change the spark plugs on my 2004 CTS?

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

The term "tune up" is a bit out of date, as there's really nothing that needs to be "tuned up" on a modern car. However, there are routine, periodic maintenance items that should be taken care of. How many miles are on the car, and how many miles have you put on it in that 5 years? In that 5 years has anything other than oil changes and tire rotations been done? Brake fluid flush and bleed? Coolant flush and fill? Fuel filter replacement? Air filter replacement? Cabin air filter replacement? Etc etc...

If you have an Owners Manual the periodicity of that sort of stuff will be covered. If you don't have one, it might be worth getting one, or seeing if the local dealer will give you a copy of the maintenance schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by tito082 View Post
    Thanks. Would you have to know of a "how-to" website on how to change the spark plugs on my 2004 CTS?
    You can search here and find some "how to" threads, like this one.
    Argent1 likes this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.