03 CTS 3.2 automatic shudders when accelerating
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 03 CTS 3.2 automatic shudders when accelerating in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Hello All, I have a 03 CTS, automatic, with 200K miles on it. I have an issue with my car ...
    gdwatson is offline Cadillac Owners Member

03 CTS 3.2 automatic shudders when accelerating

Hello All,

I have a 03 CTS, automatic, with 200K miles on it. I have an issue with my car shuddering/vibrating when shifting from 1st to 2nd & 2nd to 3rd. This shudder only happens when I accelerate, and seems to occur when the car is shifting gears. The shudder has never occurred in any other gear. The shudder lasts for a little over a second, and is more violent when stepping on the gas hard.

Any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

hrpatel17926 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS, 2007 ESV
    When was the last time you changed the fluid and filter? If its been more than 75-100k i would start there

gdwatson is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: 03 CTS 3.2 automatic shudders when accelerating

It has been around 70K from the last time I changed out the fluid and filter. However, I have been told that changing the fluid when things are going wrong can make the issue even worse? I suppose it has to get changed at some point though...

Leects07 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 07 cts sport/luxury pkg

Normally when they say don't change the fluid . Is mostly on high mileage transmissions that have not been serviced . As the dirty fluid contains clutch particles from the clutches and aids in giving friction on the clutch packs ...if you were to flush this worn well used metallic fluid and add new fluid the detergent probabilities of new fluid would cause the clutches to slip .., causing the trans to go down hill quick .

If you have been servicing yours and the fluid is not black or metalic ish . Or burnt smelling I'd change it and the filter a clogged filter can lower trans operating pressures

rb0757 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Take a look at the driveshaft rubber donut sounds like it might be coming apart

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.