Eagle RS-A alternative's - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Eagle RS-A alternative's in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Originally Posted by CTSollecito i'm using the pirelli p-zeros and so far they have been great on wet and dry ...
    Coreyn is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Eagle RS-A alternative's

Quote Originally Posted by CTSollecito
    i'm using the pirelli p-zeros and so far they have been great on wet and dry road conditions and the car handles even better now
    What did you pay?

Skuuter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1stgenbird
    I just ordered four Avon Tech M550 A/S from Tire Rack to replace the RS-As that are worn out at 25K miles. The reviews on this tire are very good. I do have the 16" wheels but the tires were only $87.00 each.
    So, how do you like these? I just found out about them and they sure seem like the perfect tire for my CTS.

RobertCTS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Black the Darkside

I see know one is recommending the RSA Goodyears as replacements. I done some reading up on the tire and a common complaint is the premature tire wear. Finding a Goodyear performance tire in the 45x18" size has proven difficult. I had to bite my tongue and buy Pirelli Zero all season tires 245/45/18. I'll see how well they perform.

1stgenbird is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 03 CTS

I just bought 4 Avon Tech M550 A/S from Tire Rack to replace the RS/As.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! They are fantastic, and by far the best tires I have ever had, and I've has a lot. $87.00 each which is a bargain. Check em out on tirerack.com

tomm is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Cadillac CTS VSport

Quote Originally Posted by 1stgenbird
    I just bought 4 Avon Tech M550 A/S from Tire Rack to replace the RS/As.

WHAT A DIFFERENCE!!!! They are fantastic, and by far the best tires I have ever had, and I've has a lot. $87.00 each which is a bargain. Check em out on tirerack.com
    I just checked tirerack and they are $117 a piece. Do you have 17's if not than that might be the reason. Who is Avon Tech? Are they part of a different tire company?

Skuuter is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Avon Tyre is based in Great Britain, but they were purchased by Cooper Tire and are now manufactured in the US as well as Britain. I believe the Tech and racing tires are made across the pond, while Avon truck tires are made here. The Avon Tech series M500 and M550 A/S have received really good reviews from Consumer Reports (taken w/ a grain of salt) and TireRack.com likes them a lot, too. From my point of view, just about any premium performance tire will put the Goodyear RSA's to shame.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.