Hello again - Latest intake manifold project
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Hello again - Latest intake manifold project in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; It's been a while since I've been here. I just got back to working on my son's CTS again and ...
    chevyhighperformance is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Hello again - Latest intake manifold project

It's been a while since I've been here. I just got back to working on my son's CTS again and I wanted to let you know what I was up too. I always had a bug-up-my-butt with the the restriction on the intake manifold. I bought a used upper and lower intake manifold and did my best to polish the inside and port match the upper and lower manifold to my thermal spacers. There is an Extrude Hone company near me that wanted $750 to hone the upper intake, but I decided to try it myself. If you are interested I can write up a pdf of what I did if someone can host the file for me. I eventually had to use hydrochloric acid to clean up the inside of the upper manifold. The lower manifold can be worked on with a dremel and a pencil attachment.

I did a quick tune to take advantage of the increase air flow and E10 fuel.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Re: Hello again - Latest intake manifold project

I have been thinking about dremeling my lower/upper intakes and spacers to all port-match. Its probably best to just get used ones. There are a couple of us on here thinking about seeing if a LLT intake will fit on the LY7. I want to pick up a used one and see if it lines up.

I hope you find someone to host the files for you, I would love to see what you did.

Pwayne is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Good to see you back.

I think this would be a great write up, I noticed when I had my upper intake off that the casting aroung the holes was pretty ragged and sharp, especially the bottom holes.

Timing is good also. With VMAX offering a manifold spacer (similar to the one you have from the Aussie's), and soon an upgraded throttle body, improving the intake smoothness at the same time would be a great project for many members.

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack
    I'd be interested in doing this as well as im working with vmax on the tb. I think you can host and share files on dropbox...but I'm not %100 sure on this. I can look for ya when I get off work.

What did you use to tune the car?

chevyhighperformance is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    I'd be interested in doing this as well as im working with vmax on the tb. I think you can host and share files on dropbox...but I'm not %100 sure on this. I can look for ya when I get off work.

What did you use to tune the car?
    I use HPTuners. The last time I tuned my son's CTS was late 2010 when we had E0 gas in the summer and some sort of winter blend when it was cold. Now we have E10 all year. Based on my experience with tuning GM's flex fuel vehicles, none of them are truly designed to run on E10-E85. The ECM can adjust the A/F ratio but timing is all messed up. My point is that even a 100% stock CTS will benefit (power and fuel economy) from a tune to accommodate E10.

Since there is some interest, I'll work on a PDF file explaining what I did.

Sweet. I'm hoping to be able to tune my car by the end of the year.

Although I've never used it, I'm pretty sure you can use this ( http://www.wikiupload.com/) to upload and share your file.

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

I am really hoping to have everything that needs fixed, fixed. And all the bolt on upgrades complete by next summer, so I can get it dyno-tuned at Trifecta. More than pretty much anything else for it, I want it tuned.

I only use premium fuel in it anyways, so I want it tuned to use 91+ octane fuel best. I am too lazy, I guess, to track down non-ethanol mixed fuel. So I might as well get it tuned for that, too.

I really want to see what you accomplished with the intake porting.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    I am really hoping to have everything that needs fixed, fixed. And all the bolt on upgrades complete by next summer, so I can get it dyno-tuned at Trifecta. More than pretty much anything else for it, I want it tuned.

I only use premium fuel in it anyways, so I want it tuned to use 91+ octane fuel best. I am too lazy, I guess, to track down non-ethanol mixed fuel. So I might as well get it tuned for that, too.

I really want to see what you accomplished with the intake porting.
    Yeah I need to get all new bushings/mounts before I do any more performance mods to see if it fixes my clunk into drive and reverse..also get a click going into 2nd when its cold... :/ Goes away when its warmed up though

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.