performance intake?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, performance intake? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; So I was looking at this intake from another thread. http://www.performancemanifolds.com.au/ My question is, has anyone tried one of these ...
    pinspade is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS 3.6 liter

performance intake?

So I was looking at this intake from another thread.
    http://www.performancemanifolds.com.au/
    My question is, has anyone tried one of these and also it says it's for an ly7.
    Is that what was standard on the 3.6? Mine is a 2006.
    I'm wondering if it would be worth that price, and does anyone know any other bolt on ways to increase power. I do have a Volant intake and plan on getting exhaust soon. Magnaflow maybe.
    It would be 360 for two exhausts and tips. Is that a good price?
    Thanks for the input.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Re: performance intake?

That thing is really nice, but no, its not worth the price. Maybe if you were spending good money on a forced induction system, maybe.

If you already have the Volant, all you need to get is the Rev Xtreme VMAX spacer, RX catch can, RX breather cap, and a CTS-V exhaust. You should be able to find the Vee exhaust on craigslist or this forums classifieds for less than the Magnaflow exhaust youre looking at.

Here in a while Rev Xtreme will have a new throttle body available for us, too.

----------

I would like to know what they consider a "full race alloytec", though.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    That thing is really nice, but no, its not worth the price. Maybe if you were spending good money on a forced induction system, maybe.

If you already have the Volant, all you need to get is the Rev Xtreme VMAX spacer, RX catch can, RX breather cap, and a CTS-V exhaust. You should be able to find the Vee exhaust on craigslist or this forums classifieds for less than the Magnaflow exhaust youre looking at.

Here in a while Rev Xtreme will have a new throttle body available for us, too.

----------

I would like to know what they consider a "full race alloytec", though.
    Isn't the catch can, breather cap just items to help maintain the engine? The spacer I understand will make it cooler and the v exhaust will definitely help.

The catch can and breather cap, as well as drilling out the PCV tube, are the preferred solution to the CTS/LY7 oil consumption problem. I figured you might as well fix the engine's pre-existing conditions before you start upgrading it.

And the Vee exhaust isnt going to do that much. Its just the best bang for the buck on our cars. No sense it paying hundreds of dollars on a aftermarket exhaust, when there are plenty of perfectly useable V1 exhausts littering the internet and gathering dust in people's garages.

The best way to get power out of the LY7 is a tune. The tune alone will give you the best results, with or without upgrades. The Volant/VMAX combo has proven results, and a lot of happy customers (me included).

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post
    The catch can and breather cap, as well as drilling out the PCV tube, are the preferred solution to the CTS/LY7 oil consumption problem. I figured you might as well fix the engine's pre-existing conditions before you start upgrading it.

And the Vee exhaust isnt going to do that much. Its just the best bang for the buck on our cars. No sense it paying hundreds of dollars on a aftermarket exhaust, when there are plenty of perfectly useable V1 exhausts littering the internet and gathering dust in people's garages.

The best way to get power out of the LY7 is a tune. The tune alone will give you the best results, with or without upgrades. The Volant/VMAX combo has proven results, and a lot of happy customers (me included).
    Then I think I will take your advice, maintenance then v exhaust.
    Where is the pvc you speak of and what would it do if I Drill it out?

Closed loop emissions system usually have an actual valve in place that opens when crankcase pressures get too high and allow ventilation but stop any oil from leaving with the fumes.

OUR CARS have a tube with three holes in it, instead of a valve. It has two holes on the "bottom" end, and one hole on the "top" end. The bottom end of this tube plugs directly into your passenger side valve cover, with a tube connected to the top end.

We drill out the top hole, and one of the bottom holes, to allow better ventilation. Better ventilation means less pressure. Less pressure means less turbulant liquid oil being sucked through the ventilation system.

The larger holes 100% technically can allow more oil through, if the pressure still gets too high in the crankcase. That is why this mod is usually paired with the catch can. Just in case. That and you are messing with the PCV "valve", metering tube, and the hose connected to it, when you install a catch can... so you might as well take a drill to it and clean it out before you re-install it.

Here is the tube, and the link to the catch can install:
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...h-can-diy.html
    92AABD97-BEFC-4B01-A023-5D80647D50AC-14615-00000E374A772A23_zps91098252.jpg
    It is at the very back of the passenger side valve cover.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.