2.8 Rough Idle
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, 2.8 Rough Idle in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; hey guys been searching the forums and have gotten good tips.. but need more. so chime in with any solutions ...
    MYCADY14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

2.8 Rough Idle

hey guys been searching the forums and have gotten good tips.. but need more. so chime in with any solutions or possible problems.

had codes P0300, 301, 302, 304, 306. car starts normal on a flat surface but at an angle on my drive way (which is steep) it clunks and clutters for a few min then starts ok.

heres what I've done so far. thought the car was having a issue with the pcv plug being loose or clogged. so cleaned it with compressed air and my replacement is on the way.
    I did the swap test with the coils. switching bay 3 coil to bay 2. cleared codes bay 2 ok. spark plugs had some oil on them as well. old plugs were at .60 instead of .44 but thats after 7yrs so thought its time. haha

So I replaced my spark plugs and all igintion coils. heres the fun part bought some NGK irdiums on amazon. codes still appear. and issue with start still occurs as above. so decided to change oil and check the spark plugs as they had oil on them. then the 3 of the NGK plugs brake at the insulator. its so bad some insulation get in the hole where the plugs go. assuming the camshaft.

I know replacing the seals on the camshaft should stop the oil leak. parts on order. now the car cranks at start up but no clank just rough idle even on the flat and when you accelerate its rough. same codes as above after the clear.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

MYCADY14 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS

Re: 2.8 Rough Idle

UPDATE::

So ran car and seems to be running a little better. Cleared codes and no CEL. I've lost some power and getting weird acceleration. At 40 mph it stays at 4k rpm for 3-5 seconds before hitting the next gear. Only if I push it to the floor I get a jump but no smooth acceleration. I have an after market 5zigen dual exhaust. Before I changed my plugs I didn't have this issue. The plugs I have now are Bosch. I'm thinking could be a transmission issue or something with my ECM needing to be tuned.

Any input would help!! Thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.