Disable ABS. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree1Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Disable ABS. in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Pull ABS fuses? Only thing that comes to mind....
    odthetruth is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS-V

Re: Disable ABS.

Pull ABS fuses? Only thing that comes to mind.

[2006 CTS-V - "The Vee Baby Seamus"] - 372rwhp / 361rwtq
    Pacesetters | Off Road Adapters | Cutouts | Stock Airbox | Stock Catback
    BMR AWK | CS Diff Block | Short Shifter | UMI MM | Revshift TM

MoistCabbage is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): Crimson 2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP)
    Again, that will leave him exactly where he is now, codes and warning lights.

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

adometrius is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS Luxury Sport

Removing the ABS Fuse will remove the error codes from the DIC. Only the warning lights on the dash will show. I had this exact same problem not long ago.

OP which type of suspension does your CTS have? I ordered a replacement EBCM from a salvage yard and they originally sent me one for the VIN with the FE2 suspension. My CTS has the FE1 and so they sent me another one with the correct VIN for my vehicle. I still have the other EBCM and if you like I would be willing to sell it to you for cheap.

AAIIIC is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by MoistCabbage View Post
    It's already not working, which results in codes and warning messages/lights. It's "disabled" now. Removing a fuse will have the same effect.
    The only time I've had an ABS fault it was due to a wire break that was intermittent. Sometimes ABS would work, sometimes it wouldn't (and then the light would come on). Quite annoying when you're at a road course for the weekend!

Other than that sort of scenario, though, you're right - if there's a fault, the system is already disabled. Pulling the fuse wouldn't make it any more disabled than it already is, and wouldn't get rid of the light in the instrument cluster.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.