Lower control arms - 2004 CTS 3.6L
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Lower control arms - 2004 CTS 3.6L in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; I need to replace the front lower control arms on my 04 CTS 3.6L with FE1 suspension. I'm looking at ...
    blake050 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS

Lower control arms - 2004 CTS 3.6L

I need to replace the front lower control arms on my 04 CTS 3.6L with FE1 suspension. I'm looking at the Dormans on Advance Auto Parts. Does anyone know the correct model number before I go ahead and order it? Anywhere cheaper I can find them? Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Volant, Hotchkis CTS Sway Bars

Re: Lower control arms - 2004 CTS 3.6L

Anytime I've looked it up online, its always been listed for $300+. Currently on newgmparts.com it's $362.00.

edit: Hit up rippy here on the forum. He might be able to help you with a discount.

Alternatively, is there anywhere I can get just the bushings? I haven't seen anywhere selling them separately.

AAIIIC is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V

Check with Revshift - they're supposed to be releasing control arm bushings soon, if they haven't already done so.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Thanks for all the responses so far. I'm looking on the Advance Auto Parts page, and they're showing lots of different options. Can anyone tell me which one is the right fit for my car?

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...p2HomeClicked=

Also, are there any other suspension parts I should swap out? I'm at about 105k miles.

Quote Originally Posted by blake050 View Post
    Thanks for all the responses so far. I'm looking on the Advance Auto Parts page, and they're showing lots of different options. Can anyone tell me which one is the right fit for my car?
    Have you plugged in the year, make & model of car? It should narrow it down based on that. The link you've posted is just a generic search for "front lower control arm".

And you'll find better pricing at rockauto.com.

Also, are there any other suspension parts I should swap out? I'm at about 105k miles.
    Ones that are worn out or broken. Awfully hard for us to assess that through a computer screen. I would bet your sway bar bushings are toast.
    Argent1 likes this.
    '05 Stealth Grey CTS-V, Hyper Silver Linea Corse Venetos w/Continental ExtremeContact DWs (summer), black Team Dynamics ProRace 1.2 wheels with 275/35-18 R-compounds (track), Hyperblack Rota Torques (winter), KW Variant3s, V2 front brakes, Hotchkis rear sway bar, EPS cam, TEA-ported 243 heads, FAST92 intake w/LS2 TB, JBA Camaro/G8 1-3/4" shorty headers w/JBA cat pipes, Corsa exhaust, UUC motor and tranny mounts, UUC shifter, MAPerformance trailing arms, Specter cradle bushings, etc...

Thanks, I don't see the front lower control arms on rockauto, unless I'm missing them.

I was wondering if there were any parts they recommend to replace around 100k. I'd like to knock everything out now and not have to replace something else in a few months, if possible.

956Caddy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Cts Black Raven

Hey i was on amazon today and searched for sway bar bushings but i stumbled upon these lower control arm bushings. I honestly dont know if
    they're for the front or rear but it fits for a 2004 cadillac cts 3.6L The link is pasted below

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-45G310...illac+cts+sway

Thanks, I don't see the front lower control arms on rockauto, unless I'm missing them.
    OK, let's back up a step. Did you find a front lower control arm on the Advance Auto site when you plugged in your year, make and model, as I suggested? My point was to check Rock Auto to compare pricing, but if there's nothing on the Advance Auto site to compare to, then maybe nobody (other than GM) makes what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by 956Caddy View Post
    Hey i was on amazon today and searched for sway bar bushings but i stumbled upon these lower control arm bushings. I honestly dont know if
    they're for the front or rear but it fits for a 2004 cadillac cts 3.6L The link is pasted below

http://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-45G310...illac+cts+sway
    I'm going to go with rear, based on the name of the part being "Rear Suspension Lower Control Arm Bushing".
    Argent1 and Tom's Caddy like this.

956Caddy is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac Cts Black Raven
    Thanks for clarification of them being rear or front!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

I wasn't able to find an exact fit on the Advance Auto site. So far, other than the GM parts, I've found these:

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2937&ppt=C0106

http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...2937&ppt=C0106

$198/side

Those don't specify whether they're upper or lower control arms. Obviously you'd want to find that out before you spend the money. I would be inclined to think they're uppers, since you can get uppers on rockauto.com, but that's just a hunch.

Revshift is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by AAIIIC View Post
    Check with Revshift - they're supposed to be releasing control arm bushings soon, if they haven't already done so.
    Done!

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post10862066

DopeEffect is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 3.6L CTS, Volant, Hotchkis CTS Sway Bars

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/web...p2HomeClicked=

if you hear a knocking sound when going over bumps and your steering wheel feels a little loose, your swaybar bushings are most likely shot. if you just wanna replace the bushing thats fine but if I were you I would replace the whole bar with the hotchiks cts-v sway bar. it comes with very detailed instructions and it works just as good on our cars as it does the v's.

I ordered the FLCA bushings from Revshift yesterday, and I plan on getting some sway bar bushings from a local store. About how much should I expect to pay to get those installed? Will I need an alignment?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.