GPS and Radar Detector
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, GPS and Radar Detector in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Alright so I've almost given up on making a copy of my navi disc to try to get my stock ...
    Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

GPS and Radar Detector

Alright so I've almost given up on making a copy of my navi disc to try to get my stock GPS to work. So I'm considering getting a garmin or something of the like. Anyways, my question, for those of you who run multiple devices, how did you wire them up?

Did you do any direct hard wires? Or did you just get a splitter? ORRR lol did your run an extension from the back 12volt plug.

I ask this because I want to be able to run my gps, radar detector, (and thinking about getting a dashcam) at the same time without having a thousand wires running everywhere

- Travis

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kingoftypos is online now Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package

Re: GPS and Radar Detector

My parent's navi runs off of a standard USB, thus 5VDC. When they got a new cell phone, they also picked up a car's charger for it. Yeah I know the $30 was a bit much from the cell carrier, but it was their money. Anyways, the charger had a bonus. The wire that came off it went to the cell phone, but there was an additional USB port on the charger. So they are able to plug the GPS into it as well. Charge the cell and navi at the same time.

Maybe the radar detector runs off of a standard USB as well and you go find a charger that is the same way?

KOT

Tlorenzen is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    My parent's navi runs off of a standard USB, thus 5VDC. When they got a new cell phone, they also picked up a car's charger for it. Yeah I know the $30 was a bit much from the cell carrier, but it was their money. Anyways, the charger had a bonus. The wire that came off it went to the cell phone, but there was an additional USB port on the charger. So they are able to plug the GPS into it as well. Charge the cell and navi at the same time.

Maybe the radar detector runs off of a standard USB as well and you go find a charger that is the same way?

KOT
    Hm. Okay. I'm pretty sure the GPS is off usb also. I have a built in usb port, didn't even think of that haha. I'll check it out. The radar detector is not usb though. Maybe all I'll need is a cord from micro usb to regular and I'll be set. Will check it out after work.

Iceman_jd is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2007 3.6 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    Alright so I've almost given up on making a copy of my navi disc to try to get my stock GPS to work. So I'm considering getting a garmin or something of the like.

- Travis
    I have a spare DVD nav disk. It's the one that came with my 07. Your welcome to it if you still need it.

John

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.