Any update on that RX throttle body...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Any update on that RX throttle body... in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Tracey, How is that LY7 throttle body coming along? I am chomping at the bit here. Still number one on ...
    DavidBoren is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Volant, VMAX, RX catch can, tranny cooler... RIP

Any update on that RX throttle body...

Tracey,
    How is that LY7 throttle body coming along? I am chomping at the bit here. Still number one on the group buy if that is going to happen.

Tlorenzen,
    How are you liking it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Tlorenzen is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 06RedCTS3.6Lux;V Exhaust,Tint,Rx-CAI-Can-Ice,AuxJack

Re: Any update on that RX throttle body...

Hey David. I'm supposed to be driving over to Rx next week. Hopefully it will be done by then. No guarantee yet though I'll give him an email and see how its coming along

Kingoftypos is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
    In short, what this tb that y'all are talking about? Where does it exactly go and what does it do?

KOT

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    In short, what this tb that y'all are talking about? Where does it exactly go and what does it do?

KOT
    It replaces our current throttle body. The valve that controls airflow into the intake...It adds a ton or response, and the prototype tested at +8hp and +15tq on the dyno.

Also David, I didn't get to keep the TB as it was a hand built one and needed for the final product. Once the final product is made I will get it for free. Hopefully it's done next week so I can pick it up and test it then it will only be a short time till its in full production.

RCVW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): "Angel Dust" 2004 White Diamond CTS 3.6L-V
    Thanks for the update!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen View Post
    ..It adds a ton or response...
    I cannot wait. As soon as I get it, I am going to have an RX installation party. Im installing the throttle body, VMAX, and dual-check catch can all at the same time.
    Tlorenzen likes this.

ztollon is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Im in for a group buy

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren

I cannot wait. As soon as I get it, I am going to have an RX installation party. Im installing the throttle body, VMAX, and dual-check catch can all at the same time.
    I was actually wondering if there would be a discount if all three were bought at the same time.

KOT

Quote Originally Posted by Kingoftypos View Post
    I was actually wondering if there would be a discount if all three were bought at the same time.

KOT
    I'm not sure. Y'all will have to talk to Tracy but that'd be nice. Atleast free shipping or something.

The LLT throttle body is $150 and ours will probably be close to that, the VMAX is $150, the catch can is $150, and the cold air intake is $300... thats $750 worth of quality dyno-proven equipment. Tlorenzen's LY7 dyno'ed at over 300rwhp with these and no tune.

What sort of discount are people expecting? Maybe a free breather cap? I think that $750 is a pretty fair price for the performance you get.

On a separate note, Tracey, you might as well give us an estimate on the number of first run LY7 throttle bodies you plan to make, and a rough price figure, because I am pretty sure we can get a dozen people committed to a group buy on this forum alone.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    The LLT throttle body is $150 and ours will probably be close to that, the VMAX is $150, the catch can is $150, and the cold air intake is $300... thats $750 worth of quality dyno-proven equipment. Tlorenzen's LY7 dyno'ed at over 300rwhp with these and no tune.

What sort of discount are people expecting? Maybe a free breather cap? I think that $750 is a pretty fair price for the performance you get.

On a separate note, Tracey, you might as well give us an estimate on the number of first run LY7 throttle bodies you plan to make, and a rough price figure, because I am pretty sure we can get a dozen people committed to a group buy on this forum alone.
    Ya well said David. To get from 250 crank hp to over 300 wheel horse power for $750-$1000 is great power per dollar ratios. Not to mention these are all bolt on 100% safe mods. No tuning and no worries.

I honestly had no idea what the prices were. I was just merely thinking aloud.

KOT

Quote Originally Posted by DavidBoren View Post

David. The dyno results were crank numbers. If I was getting 300whp I'd be running sub 14 second quarters (currently 14.5 which is .7ish quicker than stock) and pushing about 350crank which isnt the case... Although this is still a very nice increase and I can say it has made my car extremely fun compared to what it used to be. The V dynos at about 350whp. Maybe in a year I'll be able to push 300whp. I'll keep working with Tracy to see what we can do

This is still 50crank hp more than stock. Which is about 42whp more than stock (est. 15% Loss) Given the catchcan doesn't really add hp.. 42whp for 3 simple parts is pretty good in my eyes.

I think the next step is graduating past bolt-on. Absolutely get all the bolt-ons available, for sure. Tune it, obviously.

After that I really want to see what blueprint/balance/knife-blade/cyro the rotating assembly, port/polish the heads, valve job, and cams all tuned together can do. Nobody, to my knowledge, has taken the LY7 to the grinder. Hell, scrape a couple thousandths off the heads to increase compression. There is a lot that can be done just using what it came with. Just have to be willing to have it done.

Blayne is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 CTS sport model/package
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlorenzen

David. The dyno results were crank numbers. If I was getting 300whp I'd be running sub 14 second quarters (currently 14.5 which is .7ish quicker than stock) and pushing about 350crank which isnt the case... Although this is still a very nice increase and I can say it has made my car extremely fun compared to what it used to be. The V dynos at about 350whp. Maybe in a year I'll be able to push 300whp. I'll keep working with Tracy to see what we can do

This is still 50crank hp more than stock. Which is about 42whp more than stock (est. 15% Loss) Given the catchcan doesn't really add hp.. 42whp for 3 simple parts is pretty good in my eyes.
    50 crank horsepower? So you pulled the engine out and dynoed just the engine? That's the only way to get true crank hp. If you did wheel hp and you are guesstimating the crank hp then that's balls.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.