Aftermarket fuel gauge?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By CTSUK
Cadillac CTS First Generation Forum - 2003 - 2007 Discussion, Aftermarket fuel gauge? in Cadillac CTS Coupe, Sport Sedan and Sport Wagon Forums; Long story short.. 05 CTS 3.6. Im wondering how I can run an aftermarket fuel gauge as Im building my ...
    stice2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS SBC powered, 13 ATS 2.0T Prem 6MT

Aftermarket fuel gauge?

Long story short.. 05 CTS 3.6. Im wondering how I can run an aftermarket fuel gauge as Im building my own custom cluster (hey that sounded good)

Seriously though, two senders.. each going 40 to 250 ohm. Weird thing is you must have both sensors for an accurate reading. Another weird thing is that according to a service bulletin 250 ohms reads full!?? (most aftermarkets run 40 ohm full)

Which wires at the cluster run fuel level?

Any advice on wiring up a gauge?

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

Re: Aftermarket fuel gauge?

if you wanted to you could use the OBD port via a bluetooth dongle (wifi for iphones) to send live data to your smartphone (android), engine temps, intake, fuel level, estimated mpg, coolant temps etc, probably a little simpler, otherwise *shrugs shoulders* lol

stice2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS SBC powered, 13 ATS 2.0T Prem 6MT

Not a bad idea at all but Im actually looking to use an aftermarket gauge...

Any other ideas on this wiring nightmare?

CTSUK is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 Cadillac CTS 3.6 Sport Luxury

I seriously think the easier option would be to leave the stock ones be and enjoy the car lol, to much electronics to mess with which is why responses have been very few and far between.
    Argent1 likes this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.